Students
Options

BIG sigh of relief!

FI has been an RA on campus for the past two years, and they told him that if he got the job again for next year (they have to re-apply every year) then we would be allowed to live together (he will be the first ever married ra on our campus, and we will be the first married couple to live on campus in 15 years).  We are so happy. We JUST found out that he got the job again. This is awesome. RA's here are paid and its the highest paid posistion available around here to students. :) Such a relief.
My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
Married August 14th, 2010
Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: BIG sigh of relief!

• Options
    YAY!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    That's awesome!  Congrats!
    BTW, I went to GVSU for my freshman year as a fun little aside :) but later transferred to the east side of the state.
    Where is he an RA?  I stayed in Copeland that year (07-08).  A lot of my past floormates currently live in Copper Beech but I haven't seen them in a year now.  Although I think those are off campus anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!!! 
  • Options
    Totally unrelated, but I love all the Michigan love going on here...I'm a Michigander by proxy I guess (my mom's whole family is just outside Detroit)...both parents went to UM, aunt went to CMich, cousin goes to Western, and other cousin goes to GVSU.

I admire your ability to go to school on the UP. I looked at MTU but didn't think I could handle the weather up there, and it was pretty far from even my in-state family.
  • Options
    Congrats!! And that's cool that you and your FI are your school's first married couple on campus in this millennium!!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    Congrats, that's awesome news! :)
  • Options

YEA MICHIGAN!

There are so many MI people here! BF and I both live about 20 minutes south of Detroit and go to Wayne State University.

Your post reminded me of Boy Meets World when Corey and Topanga got married and lived in the married dorms..but not the dumpy dorms part, lol. Congrats to you and your FI!

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hahah! Love the Michigan Loving. And LOL to the Boy Meets World reference!  I have thought about that on many occasions, but never addmitted it. HAHAHa

We are so excited!
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards