Students

Moved wedding back

Due to the over-whelming pressure of planning a somewhat destination wedding, school and a full-time job, my FI and I decided to push the wedding back. Im a little disheartened, I was so excited to have a spring wedding (March 2013). Now im not so sure my color scheme or vision will mesh well with a fall/winter weddng (Fall 2013) and I really dont want to push it back even farther to another spring (2014). ugh!!!!

Re: Moved wedding back

• I'm sorry you had to push it back.  Just think about how much more time you'll have to plan things though.  And to save up money!  We've considered moving ours back since we had to actually move it up twice due to school schedules but moving it back wasn't an option.  Good luck with everything and it'll be worth the wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • We moved ours back to July 2014 from August 2013.
    I honestly am glad to have the extra year to plan and save. At first I was really sad but I think it will be much better in the long run.
  • We also had to push wedding back, from May to October due to issues with FI's immigration.  I just said screw it, I'm not replanning everything (especially given we already had a lot of stuff for it!) so now we're having a spring-themed wedding in the fall. Honestly, unless it's outside where the season is obvious, people probably won't notice anyways. And even if it is outside, I know I wouldn't notice! Colors don't HAVE to match seasons, you just have to like them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards