Students
Options

1 step forward and 3 steps back.....

The past week has pretty much been a disaster as far as wedding planning goes.  We found out that David's doesn't have our color, which means I'm on the hunt for BM dresses again.  We foudn out our reception venue doesn't have/can't get ivory linens and my dress was going to be ivory.  Thought about ordering it in white, went to try it on and I don't love it anymore anyway.....UGH!  Now I am on the hunt for a new one of those as well.  I felt like we had a good amount of things accomplished and I didn't have a whole lot to worry about once school starts in about a month, now I feel like I am back at square 1!!  Are things ever going to start working out? Or do I have a bunch of set backs to look forward to during school? As if I won't already be stressed!!!  Sorry...just needed to vent!

Re: 1 step forward and 3 steps back.....

• Options
    First off, just calm down. It will all work out, I promise. One thing I would like to point out is that your dress absolutely does not have to match your linens. I find that suggestion odd. Go try on your dress again in ivory and embrace it. Yes it's going to be busy when you go back to school (I am not looking forward to this as well) but your wedding will come together and whatever you end up doing, your guests will love it. What color of BM dresses are you looking for? Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask your BMs to research the colour themselves? I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out, knowing that you are busy.
  • Options
    For the white linens v. ivory dress thing, I read this somewhere and I think it will help "White, ivory, ecru, eggshell are all very similar shades of the same color-white. And no guest is going to stand up and hold your ivory train next to your husbands white tux shirt and say THESE DON'T MATCH" The same goes for your table linens and dress- no one will notice or care if your table linens are a slightly different color than your dress.

I agree with Revangel, go try the dress on in ivory and if you still love it, stick with it.

You could also rent linens from another vendor if this really matters that much to you.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    My dress is ivory and my linens will be white with a taupe underlay (free with venue). We are putting an ivory doily on the center of the tables for a more vintage look so you could try that with the white. The color of your linens is probably the least thing you should worry about. My wedding is in a little over three months and I don't have a dress picked out for my MOH. This is because she is TTC and is convinced that she will get pregnant and will need a maternity dress. It's a little frustrating because she refuses to look at anything I find if it isn't maternity even though she isn't pregnant BUT I really could care less what she wears. I just want her to be there.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    If it helps, I never would have thought to match my dress with my linens. Like, ever. I don't think anyone else at your wedding would ever notice such a thing. So you can scratch that completely off your list of concerns.

When is your wedding? If you're still a year out, or even over 6 months out, you've absolutely no need to worry. I've been to plenty of bridal stores and overheard brides as close to 2 months away just starting to look for their dress. Not the wisest, of course, given the need for fittings and alterations, but just to put into perspective.

Call me naive, but I'm not envisioning myself being all being all that stressed out this year. Granted, FI and I have booked our ceremony and reception sites already, and we're working on nailing down our photographer and ceremony musicians. And I happen to have to bought my dress, but that's only because I stumbled across it a few weeks ago. I wasn't really looking. But even so, I think wedding planning is only as stressful as you let it be. I feel like we get this idea of how its supposed to be so stressful from tv and moves and such, but it doesn't have to be that way at all. If anything, I hope wedding planning will be a nice distratction from schoolwork when it becomes stressful.
  • Options
    I guess I was stressed about the linens because when i found the dress I was told to make sure that my reception venue could get white linens or my dress would look dirty when standing next to any of the tables.  When I was told this I thought matching the linens with your dress was just something you were supposed to do. After all.....I've never done this before.  Everything all of you have told has made me feel so much better!!

Unfortunately, I am still on the hunt for a new dress, and it isn't because of the color of the linens.  The dress just isn't doing anything for me anymore and I want to LOVE my dress every single time I see it!
  • Options
    Well, if you don't love the dress anymore then you don't wanna be stuck with it. Go dress shopping and start anew. But once you buy it, STOP looking. This is the one piece of dress advice I hear over and over again. That way you won't find yourself comparing your dress to other you see and regretting your decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards