Students
Options

so just found out i'm expecting....

You read it right ladies... My eggo is preggo. So now we are moving the wedding up to jan. So i have roughly a month to plan, just found out i'm going to have a baby, and I've got finals this next week! Any advice!

Re: so just found out i'm expecting....

• Options
    congrats!!!! hopefully a lot of your planning can be transferable....but you will want to get on a venue and caterer ASAP!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I'm still in shock. We are going to have to down size considerably, we won't be able to do the reception we were planning on, the money just isn't there.
  • Options
    No advice but lots of Knottie vibes your way for exams, the wedding, and a healthy pregnancy!

Congrats!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Congratulations!

My advice would be, if possible, to plan for a smaller, more intimate wedding and reception, and then have your bigger party as planned later on if you still desire to. I hope everything doesn't get too stressful for you. Don't be afraid to ask for help, on here or to your friends and family.

• Options
    Like PPs, I'm not sure that I have advice, but I'm sending lots of good vibes your way!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Congrats! Good vibes your way for finals, wedding, and baby!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_just-found-out-im-expecting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:b3d2135d-6e7a-4263-8894-8f7fdec77089Post:cea41931-0fbe-495d-b0fa-7472da8067c9">Re: so just found out i'm expecting....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations! My advice would be, if possible, to plan for a smaller, more intimate wedding and reception, and<strong> then have your bigger party as planned later on if you still desire to. </strong>I hope everything doesn't get too stressful for you. Don't be afraid to ask for help, on here or to your friends and family.
    Posted by jelliepopeney[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNormal">Just make sure if you do this it is clear it is a vow renal, not a Pretty Princess Day!<span>  </span>You only get one wedding unless you get divorced. </p> <p class="MsoNormal">Congrats!<span>  </span>And good luck on finals.</p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    First off congradulation!!! :) && planning can be a little stressful, but your main focus should be on school as difficult as that is!!! (everyone tells me that && it annoys me but its true) As soon as exams are done it would be time to kick it into high gear!! First get a Venue && Caterer if you need one. Then get the guest list and invitations done. Then get the dress. These things take the longest, and if you are having a wedding party make sure you notify them. I'm a big fan of DIY && you may not have time to order things, if its only a month away!! I woud keep the wedding very small and intimate. Immediate family, and close friends, but its your preference. I've known people who got married at a courthouse with a dinner to follow and then had their reception later. Also make sure you apply for a marriage license ASAP, in Ohio its typically good for a month but every state is different. Good Luck!! And congrats again!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats, and good luck! Ditto PPs. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I don't have any other advice to add but I just wanted to say congrats and good luck with everything.
  • Options
    Congratulations!

I'm not from your area but I have found multiple places that can host a ceremony AND the reception with a package that includes, food, liquor, flowers, and the cake! Do some research to see what's available in your area. You just might find something! Good luck and I wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards