Students

Done with Undergrad... Student Teaching in the Fall!!

I can't wait!! I'm so glad to be done!

I'm terrified of student teaching though.. lol. 

Best of luck to everyone finishing up!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Done with Undergrad... Student Teaching in the Fall!!

• Don't be terrified of student teaching. It is a nerve wracking, stressful, TIRING (I'm looking to pass out by 9:30 the latest tonight, and I am EXCITED for it), busy as hellexperience ... but it is amazing. The connection you'll make with your first-ever group of students, the things you'll learn and create and do (or learn not to do ;]), the mentoring relationship you'll form with your cooperating teacher ... all of these things are amazing. It's an experience you will never forget.

Next week is my last week of student teaching and I graduate May 12. I can't believe it's over and I wish I could stay at my school permanently! It'll go by so fast ... enjoy it while you're in it!  Congrats on finishing undergrad :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• ...and just remember, student teaching is NOTHING next to first year teaching. ;)
    Anniversary
  • I'm student teaching next spring!!!! Good luck with everything!
  • Don't be nervous! Get excited!!

In my hardest times I just remembered that the most important thing I could do was remain positive. Students can always tell when a teacher is stressed, upset, or doesn't want to be there. They may not remember every little thing you teach them but they will remember how you make them feel.

I also learned that if I continually ask what to do, then I look like I don't have a clue. I had to learn to make a decision, do what I thought was best, and just explain my thought process if I was questioned. This was far more effective and showed I was ready for my own classroom.

Don't forget to take pictures of yourself teaching for your interview portfolio! Pictures speak louder than words!

Thank you for choosing the teaching profession and I wish you the best of luck!
  • Good luck, just be prepared and do your best.  I'm in the same boat as you, I student teach this Fall.
    Payday
  • Congrats & good luck student teaching!
  • Like someone said before, nothing compares to your first group of students! Just remember that everyone has up's and down's, whether you're a student teacher or a teacher of 20 years. Good luck on your teaching and wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards