Students
Options

First time posting, but.....

So, our tentative plan is to wed either about a week or two before I start school (college). If we don't do it then, then we will have to wait until next year due to my schooling and his working at UPS. If we wait, then I would be planning a wedding durring nursing school, and that is something that I want to stear clear of.
So in my mind, the only logical decision is stick to the current tentatve plan. I know it isn't ideal, but that's just life. Neither of us want to wait that long.
Doing it earlier also isn't an option because he can not get off work then. We also have several pregnant friends who we would like to be there, so we are doing our best to accomodate them as well.
My question is did you get married this close to school starting and how did you feel? Was it doable? Did you hate it? Do you regret it? Would you do it again
TIA!

Re: First time posting, but.....

• Options
    I don't get why it would be a big deal to get married before school starts. Just make sure you have time for your honeymoon. What's the problem?
  • Options
    No, I will be starting my 3rd year of college. I have 3 more years to go, and we definitly are not going to wait that long. We don't live together nor are we sexually active. And neither of those are an option until we are married. So that's part of it (No, I'm not getting married just so I can have sex), and the other part is just because we want to 'do life' together. We love each other and are just excited to be able to start this journey.
    Doing it right before school starts isn't that it's a big deal. I just know that it will be hard since we will just be getting back from our HM. That's why I asked if other brides have done this and if they would do it again or if they would plan to do it differently.
  • Options
    I think the only problem you would face is putting away alot of your presents and other wedding stuff you have lingering around. Thank you cards will probably be a pain too but I can't think of anything else that would be a huge problem.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice girls! Since I have a break from school right now, my mom and I are really trying to get aa good handle on things. My fiance really doesn't care about most of the wedding planning exceopt for a few things, so my mom is really helping me out.
    We are shooting for August, so hopefully we can schedule the HM for about a week before school starts. That's the most amount of time in between the HM and school I can get. Luckily, I will only have school 2 days a week!
  • Options
    I would say just do it.  I don't know what kind of undergrad you go to, but I didn't have much in the way of planning to go back to school before a new semester started.  The only thing that would be tough would be trying to move in together, but even if you waited until nursing school or after that, moving is always going to take time and possibly put a stress on your schedule.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    You can do it. IMO if I changed anything I would say if it's possible just move the wedding one more week ahead so you can have time to honeymoon and get your gifts and thank you's together.. but if not it's no big deal. We all know the first week of school is a piece of cake anyway..

And I'm in nursing school and planning a wedding and I DO NOT recomment it. Planning a wedding is way more exciting than studying pharm cards or reading about thrombocytopenia.. I get pulled away from my books so often that I have to force myself to go to a book store to study!

GOOD LUCK!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards