Students
Options

Wedding Countdown Ticker this message was posted with recycled electrons.

Re: *

• Options
    My only concern is not about your age but about you still being in school.

Like I said on a previous post make sure your ability to continue your education is taken care of before planning the wedding.  If you have loans or scholarships, your eligibilty to continue recieving them may change once you are not a dependent of your parents.  I know here in TX even if your taxes call you independent as long as your are in school and under 25 your loans/ scholarships consider you a dependent.  Also consider health insurance, once you are married you no longer can get your parents insurance, so make sure you have your insurance squared away before the wedding.

At this time in your life your education should be top priority in your life, so please make sure that getting your degree takes precedence over a 2010 wedding.

good luck planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!
    I am young like yourself (hence my 2nd ticker countdown teehee) and I'm getting married next summer before my senior year.  Like PP said, be sure to look into loan and scholarship info ahead of time.  For example, since I'm getting married in July, I'll have to fill out the FASFA by the February due date and so will still be a dependent under my parents (you fill in your marital status "as of today").  When it gets closer to filling that out I'll have to call and see what I do about possibly sending in a correction especially when I change my name.  That's just one example of course. 

Good luck with everything!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GL with planning and School. I agree with PPs that you need to make sure you knwo the rules on your eligibility for scholarships, grants loans etc.

If you are currently depepndent, you can talk to your parents in allowing you to claim yourself this year so that you don't have to go through so much once you are married.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!  The PPs have brought up some good points - my other tip would be to not post so much personal information.  We'd all like to believe the Knot is a safe place, but it's not a good idea to post things that would make it so easy to figure out your real-life identity.  Just a thought!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The PPs have given you some great advice. Welcome to the board!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards