Students
Options

Book Critique "The Devil in the White City"

Hello all. I've never posted on this board! Anyway... I have to write a book critique over the book "The Devil in the White City". I was wondering if any of you have ever read it?

Re: Book Critique "The Devil in the White City"

• Options
    I've read it... and I loved it!  It's a great book!
  • Options
    Yes I have. Twice actually. (I'm a graduate student studying US cultural history.) I'd recommend it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I started reading it for history class. {I HATE HATE HATE History!} I got to maybe page 15. It seems like a good book, but I hate being forced to read a book. UGH! And I really don't know how to "critique" a book!
  • Options
    i love that book! i had to do a paper on it as well. i actually enjoyed writing it because there is so much to analyze in it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I love love love this book.  I tell everyone I know to read it.  One of the things that my fiance said while popping the question was a Daniel Burnham quote and we've contemplated peppering our wedding with World's Fair flair (a vintage book on the Fair  with a picture sticker of us thanking guests for coming to "Our Fair" as a favor).  

We'll be marrying in Chicago, so this makes sense.  

I also went into Urban Planning as an academic discipline because of Daniel Burnham.

That being said, I encourage you to keep going, the book reads itself after a little while and then you won't be able to put it down!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love love love this book.  I tell everyone I know to read it.  One of the things that my fiance said while popping the question was a Daniel Burnham quote and we've contemplated peppering our wedding with World's Fair flair (a vintage book on the Fair  with a picture sticker of us thanking guests for coming to "Our Fair" as a favor).  

We'll be marrying in Chicago, so this makes sense.  

I also went into Urban Planning as an academic discipline because of Daniel Burnham.

That being said, I encourage you to keep going, the book reads itself after a little while and then you won't be able to put it down!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards