Students

Newly Engaged Law Student!

Hello all! I am a recently engaged (as of this past Saturday!) 2L in Rhode Island.  In the 5 days since I've become engaged wedding planning has consumed my every moment!  It's definitely going to be difficult to focus on Con Law, Crim Pro, etc. with all this other fun stuff!!!

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Re: Newly Engaged Law Student!

• Congrats!  I was a 2L when I got engaged around this time... it was soooooo hard to focus when finals rolled around!  I graduated a semester early in December and I am awaiting my bar results, let me tell you it has made planning very stressful.  I think September would be a perfect time since your Bar results (depending on your state) won't be out until October/November so in September you will have forgotten that you even took the bar exam!  
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations!! I'm a 3L right now, and got engaged in September of 2010. We're getting married this September, and I think it was a great decision for us! I won't be stressed about studying for classes or the bar in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and the honeymoon will be an awesome way to relax with the love of my life after the bar exam.

It's definitely hard to focus in class when there's so much fun planning you can do instead :) When my professor was discussing divorce in community property, I was researching venues! Haha.

Good luck, and congrats again!
    Sept. 2011 August Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    St. Lucia!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HI!  I'm in the exact same boat.  I just wrapped up my 2L year and I got engaged this past Easter.  We set the date for September 15, 2012.  

Best of luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards