Students
Options

Hi
My now fiance and I have been together for ayear. we got engaged the day before our one year anniversary. I'm graduation from school in May and my Fiance finished his degree  last december. Has anybody else got the reaction that your too young. also a lot of people seem to think we should have a date set already. What is a polite way to tell them we dont' have a date. We will be picking one later on. Also was/is anybody else nervous at first about planning a wedding and things. Sorry for such a long post. Felicia

Re: newbie

• Options
    I completely feel you. I'm walking for commencement on May 6 (!!!!!!20 days!!!!!!!!!) and I will have my B.F.A. in August (my school only does two commencement ceremonies per year- May and December).
    I've had several people tell me that I am too young to get married, and that I need more life experiece. I just tell them either I completely understand where they are coming from, and that I know marrying young might seem like a poor choice for THEM- but it is a fine choice for ME.
    Just don't worry about them. You don't have to have anyone's permission and support to have a great and long marriage, and a beautiful wedding :)
    As far as date goes, I would just tell them that you are still just starting to plan and will have a date soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks. yeah my parents are very supportive of the engagement and planning a wedding later on. just mainly other people that don't matter. but i dont want to be rude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards