Students
Options

Graduation and Wedding etiquette

I am a senior college student and bride-to-be. My graduation ceremony is May 12th and my wedding is June 15th. With the two days so close together, should I send out graduation announcements and wedding invites or just wedding invites. Would it be poor etiquette to send graduation announcements only to people who aren't invited to the wedding (like distant family)? Should I forego grad.announcements altogether?

Re: Graduation and Wedding etiquette

• Options

Send them separately.  Even though they are close in day, they don't have that much to do with each other.  Also it is not rude to send them to people who aren't invited to the wedding, hence sending them separately.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Annas2013Annas2013 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    If you're going to post in multiple boards, put XP at the top in the title of your post.

But as for your question, like I said before on your other post, I'm graduating in May as well and am not sending out graduation announcements.  They basically do scream "Hey I'm graduating send me money" plus I don't really have time for them.  

If you feel like you have to send them, send them separately.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    I'm graduating December 13th, and we're getting married on January 4th. We decided to not do grad announcements. It's too close to Christmas for both! But even if it weren't for Christmas, we'd still skip them. I'd rather people come to our wedding than get us grad gifts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards