Students

obama healthcare reform

I was talking to me FMIL yesterday and the topic came up regarding health insurance. I told her we were probably going to go on student ones or be uninsured..... she told me with the new healthcare laws we could stay on our parents just as he have been.

I tried looking this up and only could find articles from May and earlier, so IMO not trustworthy with how politics change.

Is this true?

Re: obama healthcare reform

• Yes, I believe it is true

• With my parents insurance, I am now able to stay on it until I am 26, as long as I am still student, even if I am married. Not sure if it is the same for every company but I know that is how mine changed.
  • I think you can, as PPs said.  The best thing to do is call both of your parents' health insurance companies, with their policy information, and ask.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You can stay on your parent's until you are 26 regardless of if you are married or not. Yay!!
  • You can stay on it until your 26 regardless of student status, marital status, or tax dependency status.

God, that's going to go to hell so fast.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • My company told me that getting married would mean I was no longer elligible for insurance.  I really hope you guys are right!  I'll be looking into this!  Thanks!
  • Well they don't have to change their policies until a certain date. Don't know when that is, but yeah.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • What Manwaithiel said. My mom called the insurance company the other day and according that company they said that I can stay on that insurance until I'm 26 even after I graduate from nursing school in May and even after I get married.

We'll see if it actally lasts!!

June2012 Siggy for March:Honeymoon in Panama City Beach
    image 288 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 206 Are MIA!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My father works for the federal government, and what obama has passed is already a law, unless a judge finds in unconstitutional, its there. set in stone, until they appeal it or rescind it. There are certain dates that they have until to get things changed, but a majority of the insurance companies have already switched over. I'm really happy this was in the bill. I also work at a pharmacy and I see so many students who don't have insurance because it kicked them off their parents at 21 or 22, even though FASFA still uses your parents tax statements until your 24. I'm trying to go to pharmacy school and this means that I won't have to go without insurance while I'm in school. YAY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My FI's grandma is a nurse and she said that even though we will be married, I will have graduated that we can stay on our parents insurance until we are 26, yay!!  So by the time we get married that means 3 more years for me and then FI will only have 1 year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards