Students

Stressed Beyond Belief

So I really should be studying but I am on the knot yet again. Sigh. It has already been an hour and I was only supposed to log in for ten minutes. I am so stressed. It is finals time. I hate this time of the year. I have 2 papers to write and 2 exams. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it is considering the amount of material I must learn and research I must do. Moot Court is driving me crazy. I have so many meetings tomorrow. I just want to lay in this bed and just look around the room. Is anyone else stressed beyond belief? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Stressed Beyond Belief

• I know how you feel! I have so much going on right now. I'm hoping I will get a lot done over Thanksgiving break so that the last few weeks of the semester won't be super stressful.

Sometimes when I'm really distracted I disconnect my internet so I can't be distracted by it.

• I like bethsmiles' idea of disconnecting from the internet....too bad mine are research papers and of course, being that I am under 25, do my research from my bed. :)

By the way -- good luck on finals, papers, everything.
    imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh I feel ya! My grad program is quickly becoming brutal and requiring a ton of practicum hours on top of papers and presentations and tests.

I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving break so I can spend the whole week getting caught up on reading and making flashcards and preparing presentations.

Beth- Love your idea! I may have to try that!

Good luck ladies on coping with the stress and papers/finals/etc...
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_stressed-beyond-belief?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:d86af50d-94cf-4697-94d6-a67ea5069682Post:32fe348d-7a7b-4bfc-89fb-d5fc28f74d50">Re: Stressed Beyond Belief</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like bethsmiles' idea of disconnecting from the internet....too bad mine are research papers and of course, being that I am under 25, do my research from my bed. :) By the way -- good luck on finals, papers, everything.
    Posted by AmeliaAndSeth8890[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is an option for you, but I turn my wireless switch to 'off' while I'm writing, and turn it on only to look something up.  Something about the action keeps me on-task, most of the time.  I also generally keep a running list of stuff to look up (if it doesn't have to be done right away), and I keep writing and just leave blanks or notes to myself.  Then when there are a few things on the list, I go online, knock them out one by one, and turn the wireless off again.

I've also mentioned before that I've known people who get a close friend/SO to change their passwords during particularly busy school times (like finals).  That way you can't get on TK/FB/etc.  Sure, you still might wind up on failblog for hours, but it will help reduce the time-wasting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_stressed-beyond-belief?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:d86af50d-94cf-4697-94d6-a67ea5069682Post:90192268-3190-48b1-8576-ca2983028a08">Re: Stressed Beyond Belief</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stressed Beyond Belief : I don't know if this is an option for you, but I turn my wireless switch to 'off' while I'm writing, and turn it on only to look something up.  Something about the action keeps me on-task, most of the time.  I also generally keep a running list of stuff to look up (if it doesn't have to be done right away), and I keep writing and just leave blanks or notes to myself.  Then when there are a few things on the list, I go online, knock them out one by one, and turn the wireless off again. I've also mentioned before that I've known people who get a close friend/SO to change their passwords during particularly busy school times (like finals).  That way you can't get on TK/FB/etc.  Sure, you still might wind up on failblog for hours, but it will help reduce the time-wasting.
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

This is a fantastic idea. I'm definitely going to have to do this while I'm working on my research papers this weekend and early next week (2 of them are due next Wednesday. Ugh...)   =]
  • Chanel-- Judging by the Moot Court reference I'm going to infer that you're in Law school? ;) I'm a 1L and basically terrified for my first round of finals....
  • Chanel and Sunshine--my daughter is a 2L--she's between the two of you.  She's working on her externship for next semester

I'm supposed to be studying for my stats test, but we can see just how well that's going, can't we?
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • I feel it too, eventhough I am acutally undergrad. I have a 10 page paper, a final research paper, a video project, exam after exam and the semester still has 3 more week! Besides this, I am working full time (trying to pay for the wedding) it is crazy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards