California-Inland Empire

I got free centerpiece vases =)

So, my cousin got married July 3rd and gave me their centerpiece vases =) Score! There are (24) 4"wide x 7.5"high and (12) 5"wide x 2.5"high cylinder vases. We plan on adding the 4x7.5 vases to our 20" cylinder centerpiece vases we currently have but we don't know what to do with the short ones yet. I'm thinking about putting them on the head table with a floating flower.

Yay for free vases!

Re: I got free centerpiece vases =)

• lauralazerlauralazer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoo!  Yay for free things!  Are you having any candles?  Or just flowers?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if we are going to do candles or just flowers. I really want to go talk to the florist FI and I want to use. She has amazing style (different than most) and I want her opinion.

• Cole&EricCole&Eric member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would add some stones or colored pebbles and some loose flowers and a candle on top.....
    ~Feels like home to me~
  • edited December 2011
    Cole- That sounds like a good idea!

P.S. Welcome to the board =)

• Cole&EricCole&Eric member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks, I will post pics of a sample center piece I did, its very similar......

I think I have maybe upset a few brides, I am too honest I guess :(

Thanks for the welcoming!!

~Feels like home to me~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_got-centerpiece-vases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:69Discussion:04f68471-6840-4fc9-8bb6-5989ff82ca6fPost:fbc223c4-e440-4625-9138-565a92d6d825">Re: I got free centerpiece vases =)</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think I have maybe upset a few brides, I am too honest I guess :(Posted by Cole&Eric[/QUOTE]

Lol! Ehh. Sometimes people get bent on other's opinions. As long as you aren't totally rude (like cutting at people looks or budget) who cares. FI's family seems to lack a thought to mouth filter. Whatever they think...it just comes out! His mom is the worst! I crack up allllll the time with her. Her excuse, "Well, it's true!"

• edited December 2011
    Bre that is awesome! Those vases can be expensive. I want to have submerged flowers as centerpieces and am always looking out for a good deal. Hopefully I'll find some, good thing is I have a bit of time to look :) Whatever you decide to do will be beautiful! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Jenny- We are doing the submerged flowers too. We wanted to do 3 staggered cylinder vases. We did a mock up a long time ago with our 20" vases and decided that we should add a little more to it. So, we are going to do 3 staggered vases.

This is our mock up:

We want to add 2 others to give the staggered look like this:

• sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Free vases that's so awesome! Oh and the mock up pic is gorgeous, Bre!

• edited December 2011
    Bre those are beautiful. That's what I was thinking of doing as well doing 3 staggered vases. I do want to add a floating candle though. This is my favorite picture.

• edited December 2011
    yay! exciting!
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bre we are doing the yellow flower centerpieces, its gonna look so good! im such a big fan of candles too. depending on the venue and lighting it can set such a romantic mood. you totally scored on the vases though. i looked into buying them and they were outragously expensive so we opted to rent, which worked out better because what the heck am i gonna do with 30 vases! lol...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards