California-Inland Empire

no kids at the wedding

how do i put no kids under 14 on the wedding invitations but still have the ring boy and flower girl at the reception

Re: no kids at the wedding

• SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just put Adult Reception to follow.  I dont think anyone is going to question why part of your wedding party is under 14
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Like pp said put Adult Reception. I had children in my wedding party too. They were my neices and nephews though. I got a bit of a lashing from my husband's family but I didn't care. Some of them didn't care either and brought their brats!
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was kid of wondering about that too, Adult Reception implies no little kids, but teenagers are fine right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sheesh, I dont think I would be able to pass that one off... I have 2 little brothers, a 3yr old, two little cousins and 3 nephews that are in the wedding or REALLY CLOSE FAMILY. If I said no kids except them, that would be kind of mean. sigh. Undecided
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    I had an adult wedding/reception. We were just really specific on the invites so that it only listed the adults. We also don't have alot of family or friends with young kids so it wasn't a big deal for anyone. A couple of people did ask if they should get a sitter or bring the kids and when we told them it was adults only there were actually excited and called it a "date night" 
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a son of my own and I thought it would be weird for some people but, I had to do it...It was just far too much to include all the children of my guests ETC.  Most of FI's extended family have cousins of cousins and kids galore..So I had to be super specific on the invites. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

my son is going to be in our wedding as well but i don't want kids there either...for one its expensive, two: the parents can't let loose, third: theres way to many of them on FI's side so that would mean we would have to cut out half of our friends and family just to fit the kids.

• edited December 2011
    I think putting Adult Reception or Adult Affair only something like that should work.  Also you can specify on the invites who it is addressed too.  In my case I have an aunt with 3 kids, one 17 and the other two about 12 and 13 So I will address their invite
     Mr. and Mrs. Lightford
    and
    Alexandria Lightford.  

Another thing I have seen is that the bride/groom have actually filled in the # of guest attending for the guests! Weird yes, but if you have a family that is notorious for having people tag along its prob a good idea.  I remember opening the invited to RSVP and it already said 5 attending for my family!  I guess their thinking is that no one would cross out the number to ADD attendees but they would cross them out if the whole family couldn't attend? I might consider it hahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards