California-Inland Empire
Options

help....

So, I woke up this morning and had a huge case of nerves. Married girls, did you feel like this? I know pre-wedding jitters are normal but it just feels like everything is hitting at once. I love FI with all my heart and even then I think, "we know people who are divorced, will that happen to us?" I mean, you can never know for sure but I think we're pretty solid communicators and we really respect each other. I don't know, maybe this is just me, stressing our two days before the wedding. Normal?

Re: help....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is SOOO normal. I went through the exact same thing a few days prior. I even had a little bit of a panic attack at one point and tried to get Sam to just go to the JP with me and call the big wedding off.  Everything will be fine and it happens to alot of people. There is so much pressure put on one day that it adds up and can be hard to handle. By Friday you will so happy and ready to marry your perfect guy that you will look back on this laugh. I cant help but look back and laugh at myself for my little break down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is perfectly normal! I think everyone has those feelings sometimes....when you love someone that much-you're always going to be afraid of losing them...that's life.I want you to sit back, close your eyes and recapture the feeling you had the day you got your marriage license-remember the squeeeeee? Go there!Girl- you're getting MARRIED to the man of your DREAMS and damn you're going to be BEAUTIFUL and HAPPY!<3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Amber. I almost started hyperventilating in Wal-mart this morning. I think I'm just so stressed out having to deal with last-minute stuff, family and everything. Our religious differences came to the forefront in my head too, but seriously, we've been working on them for years and we're fine so why am I bringing it up now? Ugh, I totally get myself worked up and then I get him worked up too. Poor guy. He went off with his guys today so that isn't helping me. He's the one who usually calms me down!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks MC... I do need to find the "squeeee" again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well if it makes you feel any better (I am totally going to embarrass myself here) I ended up in the bathroom of Mu with one of my BM's because I was freaking out so bad. 1 Xanax later I was finally able to come out. After that I ended up leaving the dinner and there is this horrible picture of me making a monster face because I was like "NO MORE PICTURES!"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That definitely makes me feel better. I know everyone goes through it and two days ago I was like "Nope, not nervous at all!" but I so am right now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By Friday you will have a perma-grin on your face and you will be giggling the entire time :) Enjoy every second of it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous Coco :) I wanna be a MRS on Friday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you feeling better yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, feeling better but I would like to talk to FI. I just want us to be on the same page and have him realize it's not that I'm worried about marrying him, it's just all of the factors involved. It's a scary step!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mark and I have actually had the 'talk' before...I think it's nice to know you are on the same page :)
  • Options
    sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The couple of days before my wedding I was just trying to get some last minute stuff done that I didn't have time to think about anything else. BUT, I did get a severe case of cold feet about 3 months before. I made my fiance cry and I never felt so broken-hearted then I did at that moment. It made me realize that he was the one for me. Of course, I have thought about the what ifs, divorce, etc....  But, you can't live your life thinking about the what ifs.  I figure that God has a plan for me and that it will all work out the way it is supposed to. It's a big step to have that final committment and it's perfectly normal to have feelings such as you have.  =)  He's your soul mate and is going to make you the happiest person on earth. Enjoy it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks SD, that's really what I need to keep in mind. God has a plan for us, I know it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What great advice Rebecca! If I ever have a 'moment' I'm calling you!You know what else Coco, you and FI just have to decide that divorce is not an option. Once you allow it to be an option (like well if it doesn't work out, we'll just get a divorce) then someday it will be your only option. I think making this decision, allows you to be more open and honest with your spouse without always thinking "I don't want to make him too mad, he might leave," does that make sense?btw I totally got that advice from Will Smith lol ;)
  • Options
    sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are completely right Christine!  Our society has made it too easy for people to either annul their marriages or get a divorce that it is seen as an easy solution. But, it's not. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards