Ohio-Northeast

Invite Envelope Question

Hi There! We will be sending out our invites by next weekend and are curious as to how to address the envelopes. I read that putting "and Guest" is not right for the outer envelope...is anyone doing this anyways? Also, we have a couple families that have "children" (20+ in age) still living at home. Does everyone get their own invite? Thanks! 
IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Invite Envelope Question

• edited December 2011
    I am thinking of putting and guest on the outer envelope because we aren't using inner ones. Also, I plan to mail only one invite to each family... not very formal though. I'm definitely into saving costs... and this is one way to do it. :)
  • starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had both an inner and an outer envelope.  We did not put "and guest" on the outer envelope, but if I remember correctly, we did put it on the inner envelope.  Also, technically speaking, anyone who is 18+, living at home or not, should receive their own invitation.  I know we did it this way; however, as pp mentioned, it really depends on the formality of your wedding.  Ours was formal, plus I'm a stickler for things like that.  As far as cost savings, that would depend on how many "extras" you'd be sending.  For the number of "extras" we had to send out to those 18+ still living at home, it would have saved us next to nothing to send one invite to each household.  Plus, anyone 21+ were allowed a guest, and it's a lot harder to specify the "and guest" if it's one invite for the whole family (I realllly hope that made sense--it does in my head!!).

HTH and GL!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards