California-Inland Empire

Question: Venue Rental Fee

Hi,Hi all,We have found a venue that we love. The only issue is that they are charging us a $1,000 venue fee on top of our food and beverage fees since we are customizing our own package. We have asked if this cost can be negotiated. After speaking with the general manager, the director said yesterday she could offer us 25% off. While we appreciate that, the cost still puts us over budget. We have counteroffered 50% off and waiving the cake cutting fee. We have yet to hear from her. Most venues that we have met with say that the rental fee of the room is included in the cost of food and beverage.  Have any of you experienced this fee in addition to the food and beverage costs? Thoughts/comments??

Re: Question: Venue Rental Fee

• emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have never experienced this and i'm not much help but i was just wondering what venue this is?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    My venue is the same way. Some venues do it that way and some figure that cost in with the cost of pp. Our venue told us that it is for setting up the room, linens, chairs, tables, etc.

• edited December 2011
    I didnt run into this with my venue since we had to bring in all of our own food and drink vendors so I'm not much help. I do remember looking at a place that said their rental fee was included in their price though. Would it be cheaper to not customize your package so that you dont have to pay the fee? Just something to consider if they are not going to budge 
  • edited December 2011
    That is a good point! It would actually be the same price if we chose the smallest package. The only issue is that the package offers things we don't want like a cash bar, tray passed appetizers, wine with dinner, champagne toast, and a chicken or salmon dinner. We feel our guests would prefer an hour open bar, appetizer platters, and filet and prawn or chicken and prawn dinner. This is what our customized package includes.
  • edited December 2011
    What is the name of the venue?

• A07102005MA07102005M member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its always worth a shot, but I think with some vendors you can only negotiate so far. Couples still have weddings regardless of the economy, so the venue might feel they don't have much to lose in turning down your offer. I experienced this a few times when searching for a photographer; they were only willing to lower their prices so far before referring us to someone else, or an apprentice of theirs.Which venue was this again??
  • edited December 2011
    It's Hacienda Golf Club
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards