California-Inland Empire

Sd Baby shower update :)

For those of you that didn't make it here are some highlights ;)- Baby P is even cuter in person and he is SO tiny! I was scared to hold him so I just looked on from a distance lol- Sandra has a gorgeous house and her puppies are hilarious!-Everyone looked super cute (except me who just wore a baggy tee and jeans haha). SD does not look like she just had a baby, she is super tiny! -Drinking out of a bottle is not nearly as easy as you would think but Amber rocked it!-food- YUM! all the way around :)- THERE IS A STEP JUST INSIDE SAN'S DOOR...I missed it...lolWhat am I forgetting...?

Re: Sd Baby shower update :)

• A07102005MA07102005M member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like it was tons of fun! Wish I could've made it :)We should have a get together when I'm in town late Dec/early Jan!
  • edited December 2011
    You forgot to mention that I started off crabby towards my husband but an afternoon with the girls was exactly what I needed to snap out of it
  • edited December 2011
    Umm, my elbows are bruised and my knees feel bruised.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh sad :( I'm sorry Kasi
  • edited December 2011
    Andrew laughed at me when I told him what happened.  He said it's amazing I didn't spill the food everywhere.  he said I was a super hero for that one.It was a really nice shower.  Sucks I had to leave so early.  Turns out my friends didn't show up until 7!!!  UGH!!! 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    It really was amazing that the meatballs didnt go all over. I think what i said was something like "Are you ok?? How are there not meatballs on the walls right now?!"  
  • edited December 2011
    I imagine I looked like a cartoon character falling.  As I fell I rotated the crock pot so it wouldn't spill I guess.  So MC, how did I look?  You saw it all happen. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was I late?  I thought it started at 2 and after Sandra texted me, I started to wonder if it actually started at 1.  If so, I'm so sorry because I hate being late.Anyways, it was a nice shower and I'm so grateful that you all took time out of your weekend to visit with baby P and I.  Pierce loves everything that you all got him.  He (and I) love all the frog stuff.  I told him that he could love frogs, but he wasn't ever allowed to bring a real frog into the house. =)  LOL!I was expecting Amber to have a thick accent based upon conversations from here, but she didn't. =)  It was very generous of Sandra to open her home up to all of us. Thanks everyone! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like it was ton of fun!! Thanks for the update!
  • edited December 2011
    Bahahaha SD! I took speech therapy classes so I dont say weird words anymore. Get a couple of drinks in me though and some slip out :P
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww sounds like you had a blast....we ended up not even going to the dang block party but only because traison was really sick....too bad i missed it. another get together soon hu??
  • edited December 2011
    So you are fluent in Spanish Amber?  Spanish is my mom's first language but I am no where near fluent.  Plus you would never know she can speak spanish.  My grandparents on the other hand...full on accents.BTW, THANKS JOJO!  AWESOME GIFTS!!!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I only speak some Spanish. My problem as a kid was that my mom has such a thick spanish accent and my dad had such a think southern accent that I just couldnt pronounce alot of words correctly
  • edited December 2011
    Awww!!  I am trying to imagine you speaking Spanish with a southern accent!!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    It was more like trying to speak English with a Spanish and Southern accent. I guess my 1st grade teacher couldnt take it anymore so she enrolled me in some speech program. I still have a hard time with certain words when I'm really tired or have had a couple of drinks. Like instead of saying BBQ I will sometimes say baw-da-chew or Chicago is chick-cargo (my mom still says it that way and I laugh everytime)
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Kasi it was AMAZING you didnt spill the freakin meatballs everywhere I dont know how you did it lol And dont feel bad your not the only one that has slid into my house before. It was worse before we had the rug up there.LOL Rebecca yes it started at 1pm but it was ok it gave us ladies more time t chat :) And I agree with MC Rebecca does not loko like she just had a baby I have hopes that I will look that good too!! 
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Kas, It scared me more than anything! I reached out to catch you but was too late! Definately a super hero for saving the meatballs- oh and FYI everyone I tripped coming in too! :) Thanks Jojo for the awesome gifts, wish you could have been there!Am- I didnt think you were crabby at all, if that's the worst you get when crabby Sam is a lucky man ;)Ditto SD thanks San :)
  • edited December 2011
    Aw. I'm glad you all had a good time =) I'm kinda glad I didn't go thought because I KNOW I would have also been one of you that tripped on the way in! lol. I probably would have knocked a tooth out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards