California-Inland Empire

First Dance Song

Good morning, everyone.  It's a short work week for some of us!I have not put much thought into this so I thought I'd ask the question....What is/was your first dance song?I love Cowboy Take Me Away by the Dixie Chicks, but I'm not sure about it as the first dance song.  I always envision all my nieces singing along to the song at some point during the reception.

Re: First Dance Song

• mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing my best friend by tim mcgraw. and then we are making everyone do a group dance with us to ac/dc shook me all night long! FI loves that song, and we thought it would be fun!
  • edited December 2011
    If you like country, I love that song "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascall Flatts. I think it was SD's song? It always makes me think of how DH and I met and ended up finding each other. We used I'm yours, by Jason Mraz (original, I know) , but it was the cassanova version--sounds really different. It's slow and really pretty and romantic.
  • Mike&TriciaMike&Tricia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't call myself a country music fan, and my fiance is definitely not a country music fan, but some songs are really good.I'm Yours is a great song.  It'll be on the list for sure.  I love Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait too.  I think it's the front runner.
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was Making Memories by Keith Urban.
  • edited December 2011
    Magic by Colbie Caillat :)
  • edited December 2011
    Amazed by Lonestar
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was "At Last" Etta James, I know its not very original but I love that song and we did wait almost 9 years to get married plus everything we've each been thru in our pasts to get to this point, it was a very fitting song! :0)
  • edited December 2011
    My last post was a suggestion, not what my 1st dance song was.  It was 'Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I actually love country music... Our will be Brad Paisley's - "Then" beautiful... Fits us well :o)
  • edited December 2011
    I love "then" we almost used it also, but for me, the line in Magic "All I see is your face, all I need is your touch" really hit home for me. For me wedding planning really showed me who my friends were (or weren't) and I came to realize how important just having him was. I think it is super important to pick a song that really means something to you, so congrats to those who have found that ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards