California-Inland Empire
Options

Venue booked... Now what?!

So excited that my fiance and I booked our wedding/reception location today! I was on the fence at first about having the ceremony and reception at the same place but after touring it I fell in love. We decided on Edward Dean Museum and Gardens in Cherry Valley. Not only are we able to have our ceremony outdoor, under a gazebo in a rose garden but we get the exclusive use of the property from 9am - 11pm! My fiance is all relieved that we have the date set and the location booked but my stressing has just started. I'm not completely stressed as we aren't getting married until next October but now where do we go from here? It seems really cool that we get to bring in all of our vendors but I am not even sure where to start. Any advice from my fellow knotties? It would be greatly appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue booked... Now what?!

• Options
    I just found out today that this oh so wonderful venue scheduled us on a day that isn't actually available! Well.. back to the drawing board. Wish me luck on finding somewhere I like as much as the first place.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_venue-booked-now-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69Discussion:1b6a1138-2068-4471-bd8e-32e08d660414Post:e4a8adc3-4dfc-4752-8bbe-03ae72254ff5">Venue booked... Now what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So excited that my fiance and I booked our wedding/reception location today! I was on the fence at first about having the ceremony and reception at the same place but after touring it I fell in love. We decided on Edward Dean Museum and Gardens in Cherry Valley. Not only are we able to have our ceremony outdoor, under a gazebo in a rose garden but we get the exclusive use of the property from 9am - 11pm! My fiance is all relieved that we have the date set and the location booked but my stressing has just started. I'm not completely stressed as we aren't getting married until next October but now where do we go from here? It seems really cool that we get to bring in all of our vendors but I am not even sure where to start. Any advice from my fellow knotties? It would be greatly appreciated!
    Posted by heathershaw4785[/QUOTE]

awww. i'm sorry this happened to you. :( Could you possibly select a different date? I know what you mean, we had to change our date because the initial date was not available in the Church. :(
    I am not at all familiar with the Palm Springs area but check your local parks or public entities like a VFW posts etc. My personal favorite is Cretsmore Manor in Riverside for outdoor weddings.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Check out Tenessee Gardens in San Bernardino.

http://www.tngardens.com/Pricing_and_Services.html
  • Options
    Hello,

Congradulations on your recent engadement! I am a DJ very to close to your area.
    My rate goes at $100 /hr and I have just booked a batch of weddings for next year.

Please contact me if you are interested at having me at your wedding.
    I can provide music samples and references at request.

Thanks,
    Shawn
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_venue-booked-now-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69Discussion:1b6a1138-2068-4471-bd8e-32e08d660414Post:42492bf7-2d5b-4975-a3a9-ffe2dc654ecd">Re: Venue booked... Now what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Advertising is not allowed on The Knot's boards.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Who is this intended for? I hope it's not for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards