California-Inland Empire
Options

Grumble grumble

So, my mom has a coworker who had an anniversary celebration at Temeku and my mom was very happy when she found out how much it costs to rent the venue.  So I set up an appointment a week ago for this morning.  The traffic on the 215 sucked, due to an accident I suppose, and I get there late.  Apologize profusely and continue with appointment....just to find out that my wedding date (that I did mention on the phone) was already booked. 

Grumble grumble

I'm not upset that the place was booked, just that I spent 50 minutes of my morning off work in Temecula Valley rainy traffic. 

On a happy note!  I found the dress!  And a store in Vista has it for $500 less than the store in Murrieta, and a coworker has a friend who owns a bridal shop that might get it for me for wholesale!!  Yayness. 

And I got to design some really cute save the date cards for a client!  =)  I LOVE making save the date cards!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Grumble grumble

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You had an eventful day! I've heard Temeku is affordable as well. I actually have acquaintances that got married there and it looked nice in the pictures. I can't believe they overlooked the whole date thing though. Um really?

• Options
    lauralazerlauralazer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is very affordable, and looked nice from my brief glances.  Oh well, shoulda looked into it sooner.  Apparently two of the Fridays in 11.11 are already booked!  Although, I can't say my first impression was good.  Outside the ballroom entrance to the parking lot was an overflowing trash can with In N Out wrappers and a champagne bottle on the ground.

We're looking at the Menifee Lakes Country Club this Wednesday.  And we went to Wedgewood in Fallbrook last month.  I love that place.  It's pretty and not very expensive.  Plus it has an outside fireplace at the reception area.  I am suddenly in love with the idea of a fireplace at the wedding venue.  =)  It'll make for pretty pictures.

How's the planning going for you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice! I don't think the Fallbrook WW was open when I first started my quest for wedding planning. I have seen the pictures online and it looks beautiful! The price is nice as well ;)

Planning is going good for me. We just found our DJ and officiate. I was worried about finding both but lucked out with what seem like two awesome guys! =)

I bet it will be hard to find venues available for 11/11/11. Those triple dates are so popular.

Do you have anything else planned or are you just waiting until you find a venue? I know I didn't want to start planning anything until I found my venue.

• Options
    MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Bre - I didn't want to start planning everything till we got the venue either. And just recently we did the math to find out how many guests we can afford so I can start working on favors and centerpieces.
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lauralazerlauralazer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, not wanting to plan anything until the venue is booked, either.  I told the FI that if he wants us to look at other places, he has to find them.  But I want to book by the end of the year.  I found my dress, but haven't purchased it yet.  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards