California-Inland Empire

Theme Help!

I'm planning my Mom's 60th birthday party and we're having trouble deciding on a theme. It's in April, so I was thinking garden party or Springtime theme.. but it's at night, so I'm not sure it goes well.
What themes have you done/heard of, parties have you been to that had cute themes? I'm drawing a blank here...

Re: Theme Help!

• edited December 2011
    Oh and we did a 1960's theme for my MIL last year, so we can't do that for my Mom this year.
  • edited December 2011
    50s themed maybe?  Not corny but a nice 50s theme.  Glam maybe?  I have no clue.  We do all the corny things.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Well first tell me where you are thinking of having it.
    Will it be at somesones house?
    A restaurant?
  • edited December 2011
    We're cheesy too. You should have seen my MIL's party.. it was cheesy 60's to the max.
    I am pretty sure we will be having it in our backyard.. so thats why I was thinking garden-ish.. I'm just not sure it goes in the evening.
  • edited December 2011
    My neighbors did a super cute garden party last year and it went into the evening. They had different colored paper umbrellas hanging from the back patio and in the trees and then they strung up those big bulb lights (they sell them at Target for $10) that look like cafe lights. They had cute colorful linens and I think they had games going too. I think they even had paper latterns hanging back there too
  • edited December 2011
    That is everything that was on my list for the first theme! We have several strings of those lights still hanging from the engagement party. Putting paper lanterns on them change the look of the backyard. Hmm.. maybe I shoudl just stick with it. Sounds fun. Gives me something to plan :)
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im not good with that stuff at all...sorry im no help but the garden theme sounds cute.
  • edited December 2011
    You could get some tiki torches too. That would be cute.

You could also do like a mexican theme with a pinata. How funny would that be to have a bunch of adults swinging at a pinata?! OOOooOooO and margaritas!

You could also do a hawaiian theme with grass skirts and serve drinks in coconuts.
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i vote on the the margaritas and pinatas :) that sounds hillariously fun!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    Hollywood glam would be fun. I don't know if that is too cheesy though.

Maybe Kentucky Durby. Everyone can dress up in big hats and pearls.

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also was going to suggest Kentucky derby. Hollywood glam sound fun too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the hollywood glam you could have a red carpet and like Paparazi LOL..and Martinis...That would be fun...The mexican theme would be fun too and the Kentucky Derby we did for my birthday which is in April and all the girls had a great time finding dresses and big hats..!!!! All of them sound great!  Makes me want to have a big themed birthday :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards