California-Inland Empire

hey ladies

okay so now that i figured out how to get on my local boards i will probably have much better luck with this post. i am looking for an inexpensive way to get married in the ie like riverside county area. i do not want to go to the courts and have a nice reception later so please dont suggest that cause if i hear it again i might scream. anything will help and be welcomed. thanks ladies you truly are life savers

Re: hey ladies

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it depends on what you consider inexpensive. I don't know of any venues in riverside other than the mission inn. if you take some time and research (google is my best friend:) ) you may come up with some options. I researched venues for about six months, and I ended up going with a venue in LA. So you may have be willing to go out of the IE to find affordable options. HTH, keep us updated!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat, looking for affordable wedding venues in the IE.  So far, the best looking package ("on paper") has been the Wedgewood Banquet Facilities--I believe they have locations in Riverside, Corona & Upland.  The Upland facility emailed me a pricing sheet that was pretty much all-inclusive AND had the cheapest ceremony price I've seen thus far ($350).
    The thing you need to really look out for are "hidden charges" -- locations like Wedgewood charge you a set price per guest (depending on what you want included in your package), a set price for the ceremony, and taxes & services charges.  Other locations will charge you a "room fee", ceremony fee, bar set-up fee AND still charge you $25-??? per guest on top of all that. Don't forget taxes, gratuities and service charges!!  Sheesh!  Make sure to ask what's included and what's not, and find out about ALL fees/charges involved in your event (sometimes they'll try to pussyfoot around the hidden fees).
    Also, if you're flexible about your wedding date/time, ask about discounts for "off-season" dates (Dec.-Feb.), Friday/Sunday ceremonies and daytime/lunch weddings.
    Here's a list copied from another post on the board:**copied from breleficient's post**:Wedgewood Banquet Facilities have nice places for great pricesHearts Home FarmTemeku Hills ClubhouseCrestmore ManorEdwards MansionGreen River Golf ClubIndian Hills Golf ClubKimberly Crest HouseGreen Mountain RanchThe Mitten BuildingMenifee Lakes Country ClubEtiwanda GardensFox Event CenterMonteleone MeadowsPine Creek Gardens
  • MrsLuna010308MrsLuna010308 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thank you so much and that price for wedgewood is amazing. How many guests do you have. I will take a look at all of the places that you mentioned. 
    @desi2002 I looked into the Mission Inn and that was too rich for my budget. But thank you very much for the suggestion.
  • edited December 2011
    The Mitton building is gorgeous! And affordable. Had I not wanted a very specific venue, (Riley's Farm in Yucaipa, which was all very affordable, if you wanted to get married on a farm, that is:) ) I would have gone with that. Wedgewood is also pretty good, but Mitton was cheaper from what I could remember. Good luck! And, congrats!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you CAB1217
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Sycamore Inn, Rancho Cucamonga...should be under $1800 for 80 guests for a chicken, prime rib, mashed potato/veggie buffet with rolls and soft drinks included. They have a carpeted area you can use for a dance floor. $35 cake cutting fee when you bring in your cake but that includes them cutting and serving and plates/forks. Room is kind of small holds up to 100 but food is delicious!
  • ajcx1021ajcx1021 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the wedgewood glen ivy location in corona,because the packages also seemed to me to be the best deal around and inclusive of alot of things, but just to warn you in advance they told me that  have a $5,000 minimum requirement before taxes and service charges. I don't know if they add additional charges to your package if you don't meet that requirement or what they do for you to work it out. Also, to make my wedding more affordable i'm having it on a Sunday instead of Saturday.
    The Future Mrs. Gorgas
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I am noticing that a Sunday wedding is going to be my best bet at this point the only problem is that my moms side of the family is very christian so I don't know if they are going to have a problem with that but I guess if they decide to stay behind to go to church instead then I have more money to go towards other things because I will have less of a guest count lol
  • lauralazerlauralazer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Wedgewood in Fallbrook on a Friday.  The ladies there are awesome and the location is so beautiful.  I'm so happy I found them. 

And, Temeku, I had a bad experience with.  I called and they told me my date was available, set me an appt to meet with the cordinator when she was back from vacation, and when I went to meet her, she told me my date was taken already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Linze46Linze46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Green River golf course is pretty and reasonable.  The Mitton Building was expensive from what I got from them, like $4000 just for the site fee without anything else.  The Christmas House has all inclusive options that you can do a heavy hors d'oeuvres menu and it's a lot cheaper.  Gourmet Gourmet catering does the Claremont Club and the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens (which is our venue!) in Claremont, and they also have cheaper options if you do heavy hors d'oeuvres or an Italian menu.
  • edited December 2011
    I couldn't believe Wedgewood's service fee charges! nearly $2k in just service fees is what turned me off to the Riverside location. Are the other locations like that?
    I liked the way the Mitten building looked the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards