California-Inland Empire
Options

Question about Vendor Reviews

I wanted to do some vendor reviews since I got a lot of help from other knottie vendor reviews.  One of our vendors came as a knottie rec and I wasn't very fond of the service... should I write my review and put it in the bio... or should I just email it to people who request it.  What do you guys think?

Re: Question about Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would put it in your bio. I always liked when other knotties did that. Which vendor were you not very fond of? It seems like every bride has at least one vendor they were not happy with. I think I had 2 I wasn't crazy about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Put it in your bio like Amber suggested.  There was one vendor I was referred to by other Knotties which I refer to others as well but I always warn people about the service.  They have great prices but their communication is horrible.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Spill the beans. What were you not happy with?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ooo us future brides need to know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *taps fingers on desk*
    *looks at watch*
    Come on, spill it!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha! kasi I know exactly which vendor you are talking about too. I used them and didnt have major issues with them but I know other girls have. Their prices were just so good that I couldnt resist
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!  They were really nice, great prices, good selection, etc.  It was just the communication issues.  Maybe they got better once your wedding came around with call backs and emails.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think so because I think Sandra used them and she had issues with her not calling back too. I think I just got lucky because she is friends with the coordinator at Kimberly Crest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My lips are sealed!!!! Sealed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well then how are you going to warn future brides about this vendor?  We don't like secrets.  Undecided
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahaaa!  I looked at your bio and you used the vendor we are talking about!  It's them, I know it!  I always put a disclaimer before I recommend them.  I only recommend them based on prices and warn about their communication. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL! No Detective Kasi it is not that same vendor!! Wink

aha!!
    It was our Day of Coordinator I wasn't very happy with. 

The vendor you speak of actually did me a huge favor and delivered all our stuff on the Wednesday before the wedding, when they were supposed to deliver on Friday. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's great they did that.  They were really great (aside from communication).  They came out and set up the day before and the day of and didn't charge delivery fee at all.  Anabelle is actually a friend of a friend who's wedding I was at.  I saw the linens at the wedding and had said I was going to hire Annabelle (I didn't know they had a business).  I forgot by the time it was my turn and somene referred them so I looked into that vendor and hired them on the spot. 

Later another mutual friend asked Annabelle is she was doing my wedding and that's how we figured out that we had mutual friends and that she was the one I had said I would hire in the first place.  It was kinda all coincidence. 

I think I should start charging a referral fee.  So many ppl here have used them after I used them.  I recommend them still if ppl ask.  They have awesome prices you can't beat.  how was she on communication? 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, a lot of brides have used your DOC and highly recommended her.  What happened?  I contacted her but decided against a DOC to save $. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh. I thought it was the linens too!

We won't be hiring a DOC because my venue includes one with our price. Actually, I guess she is more than just a DOC becuase she is doing stuff for us right now.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's way cool Bre!  The lady at my venue was trying to sabotage my wedding and gave me incorrect info!  My mom's BF worked there so he was my inside man and would fix things when I complained.  That lady got kicked off the wedding and was PISSED because she wasn't going to make any money.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually really didn't have any issues with communication.  But I mostly just did so through email and I'd hear back w/in a day.  On the Wednesday before our wedding our reception venue called to see if we could have the linens delivered than, and I called Anabel she said they were really busy but would try and deliver them.  We were supposed to have black pintuck linens on our sweetheart table and cake table, and they were purple. It was minor but I did notice. 

As far as the DOC, she was late because of traffic... but she probably would have been at my house exactly at the time she was supposed to be there if there was not traffic.  When all my other vendors were at least 15 minutes early.  I had met w/ her a couple of weeks earlier and had told her she didnt have to go out our church rehearsal, and she said she probably wouldn't go but would let me know otherwise.  She never contacted me to let me know whether or not she would be there.  She didn't show, which was no big deal but woulda been nice if she would have given me heads up.  My shoe broke while I was getting ready and she wasn't there to help me fix it, so I had to find another pair of shoes asap.  She also didn't come to see how I was doing before I walked down the aisle.  She also didn't distribute the items to our sponsor couples, so one of my bridesmaids had to get them from her to distribute them.  We got to the reception venue around 4 p.m. to take our bride and groom pics, by the time I left it was 5 p.m. and there were guests already there, when it started at 6 p.m.  I asked her if she had told them that it started at 6 p.m. and to see how they were doing.  She said ,'It wouldn't make a difference anyway they'll still be here'.  I didn't really think that was necessary.  Also, I asked her to help guests figure out where they were seated using the seating chart (which she forgot but luckily my parents brought it).  My brother told me that she didn't do that and he and my mom had to help people find there table.  There were also some other issues but I think I'm rambling.  Overall there were a lot of things that bugged me but she also did help out a lot and the reception ran a lot smoother than if she wouldn't have been there.  I mostly hired her because she was recommended by knotties and I didn't really interview a lot of people.  In retrospect I probably would have taken the time to interview and compare people. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were these things she was aware of?  Did she know these were things you wanted done?  Did the contract state specific things she was to do?  I don't know how DOCs work.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I quit my DOC business after the first wedding I did.  Smile  J/K.  I helped a Knottie with her wedding.  it was supposed to be just set up but I just kind of ended up being a sorta DOC and helping the vendors and stuff.  I didn't mind but it was kind of stressful.  I ended up having the parents walk out during the wrong song!  haha.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We had a meeting and went over all the details and stuff.  I asked her if she needed me to type something up but she said she didn't need to and could go off her notes.  O well, overall I was better off with her than without her, just some things bothered me.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Knotties be my DOCs.  haha.  Their payment was free food.  Laughing
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards