California-Inland Empire

Clueless on engagement photographers and pricing

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for an engagement photographer and prices.  To give you guys a little background, we are having a destination wedding in St. Thomas however, we live in Riverside, Ca.  To be honest, I'm not sure how this whole photography thing works seeing as how we are having a DW wedding.  Do you hire one photographer here to do our engagement pics, and then another phhotographer in St. Thomas to do the wedding pics there?  Any info you ladies can provide would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clueless on engagement photographers and pricing

• edited December 2011

It is really up to you about what you want to do. I think a lot of people that do DW hire a photog from where they are (cause they know their work is good) and then pay for their travel and lodging expenses for them to shoot their wedding. Of course, there are also people that just hire photog that the resort recommends or has but you never really know what you are going to get then. You can totally use a different photog for your engagement pics and wedding or you can use the same. It really is up to you. There is no right or wrong in that aspect.

George Nathan charges $150 for an e-session which is a really good price.

www.georgenathanphotography.com

• Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great thanks for the info.  I will definetly check this out.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I know my photographers do DW's, so you should totally check them out. 

www.socalsunshine.com

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!

You can hire one photographer here and another there...but if you can bring your own photographer from here, you're better off. You know exactly what you will be getting before you get to your destination.

I offer a complimentary engagement session with a contracted package whether your wedding is local or abroad.

My Summer special is $149. That includes your post production images on a CD with copyright release. Also, 20 smaller files to pass around via email or Facebook. I also include a 11x14 image that can be placed on a backing board for your reception guests to sign.

Check out my engagement sessions at:  www.abundantlyabovephotography.com

Hope this helps! Inquire about "How to have the best Wedding photos"

Best to you,
    Madeleine Temme
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have a whole lot to ad, but I do agree most photographers do a destination option but it may be cheaper to do an e-pic photographer here and then hire one in st thomas.  Check out my photographer, www.corbinkell.cc, he does both e-pics and weddings and very affordable on either one.

good luck!
  • theKylieBridetheKylieBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister's wedding was destination. She told me if I have a destination wedding to hire a local photographer. Her maid of honor didn't and regretted it. I mean REALLY regretted it. So sad. You can check out my sister's photographer (www.jennandtravis.com).

I hope that helps! And where in St. Thomas? My mom grew up there! I've always wanted to visit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards