California-Inland Empire

marriage license?

Hi Guys...getting married in Riverside in May...We want to get the marriage license but- does it have to be in the city we are getting married in or can it  be near where we live? Thanks!
TheKnot.com

Re: marriage license?

• edited December 2011
    I think just the county.
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • edited December 2011
    That is dependent on teh type of marriage license you plan to get.  If you get a public license then you can marry in any county within CA.  If you get a private license then you will have to get married in the county your county received your license from.  Also, you should check with your officiant to see which counties he or she is used to filing in.  My officiant was able to file marriage licenses in one county but not the particular county I was married in.  We had to file the paperwork ourselves.  Maybe it was a little different than that (it;s been so long) but double check with your officiant anyway.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Kasi I could not for the life of me remember even getting my marriage license. We did a private one.
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • edited December 2011
    yup, ditto what Kasi said ;o)

Also, note that you have to get it within 90 days of your wedding date. if you get it too soon & it expires & you will have to re-pay & do the licencing thing all over again...

:o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards