40-Plus Brides
Options

Vent session - way off topic & long *Update*

So, ya'all know what I think of my ex.  OK, I have to get this off my chest before i explode. 

The kid was in the ER, most of you know,  and I had to inform JA - (he will always be referred to JA - JackA**) Normally, we have no communication by phone, I sent him a text.  (And he's blocked so I can't receive any of his BS backlashing)  Well, JA arrives at ER in time for Doc to give details & release.  He was standing there while Doc said "Here are 2 scripts he needs filled.  He bolted and was gone.  Funny, he is 100% responsible for all medical costs - copays, ins coverage, meds - everything. 

So, I ended up calling him (left voicemail) about 2 mins after he left - told him where the script was & he needed to pay for it and I'd pick it up later the next day.   Now, I have been burned already a few times paying for meds and he has yet to pay me back, and never will. Lesson learned.

Yesterday, @ 8pm I go to get meds - not paid for.  I called him.  Said, he needs these meds.  Well, JA says verbatam "You need to pay for his meds - go do it right f'n now along"with a few other choice sentences and hangs up. 

OK, I'm not his wife, he lost the right to tell me what to do when he left me and signed DV papers.  Furthermore, he isn't going to order me around, period.

I called him back - and of course he's too much of a pus*y to answer his phone.  So I left him this.  "I suggest you drag your happy a** back to town & pay for his meds that YOU are responsible to pay.  You think you can bully me and tell me what to do - you are so wrong.  I'm not your wife - thank God.  I will be calling my attorney about medical neglect/abuse since you are refusing your son treatment which you are responsible for.  BTW, have you ever once considered your not hurting me - only our son.  Oh, and if he even suggests having a headache or any other issue when he returns to school, I will take him back to the ER immediately - even for a hangnail.  No threat, a Promise. Have a great day!"

I'm sorry to vent but OMG, he is such a JA!!!  This is a very tiny sliver of what I deal with on a constant basis.  I wish he's give up his parental rights - it would make my & kids life so much easier.   His own son didn't even want him @ the ER.  He said "Mom, just let him find out with the bill, I don't want him around"

He has no responsiblity whatsoever and refuses to help his own kid out in any way. Grrrrr.  

Side note - now if he were unable to pay for meds, I would. However, he just bought himself a house, new harley, new furniture for the new house and who knows what else - he pulls in over 100K a year - he can afford it.  He just doesn't want to drive to pay because he chose to move out in the sticks about 35 miles away.  Too damn bad.

*Update*

well, well, well - come to find out JA doesn't have his own kid covered with insurance script coverage - violation of court orders.  No wonder he wanted me to get the scripts.    That's ok - I let JA know  stepDAD paid the meds and looking forward to court.  KARMA!
Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Vent session - way off topic & long *Update*

• Options
    I feel for ya.  I live the same thing.  My ex is supposed to have the boys on his insurance - so he quit his job.  I put them on state medical insurance, he has since gotten his job back and has insurance. 

He pays $300 a month for support of 2 teenage sons (big deal!).  He doesn't help with anything extra like extra curricular activities, school pictures, prom, etc.
  • Options
    Grrrr.... My sister went through a lot of that too. She had 2 boys with the routine trips to the ER too.

I can understand the mutual distaste between the adults. But I could never understand how he could take it out on the boys who had NOTHING to do with the situation--and needed medical stuff, or other real needs. It's not like moms pull a trip to the ER just to piss him off....

If it helps, now that the kids are older and the money games are over their relationship is at least socially neutral, and the weddings and family events are not a showdown and powertrip.
    Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• Options
    Is this the xH who, along w/ his GF, stalks you?  I'd pay for the meds on my own and not even get him involved.  I know it's court ordered etc. but he'd be way too creepy to allow into my life on any level - even the pharmaceutical.
  • Options
    yup this be the one.  So much to tell - an no time.  I was in court once for the divorce.  After it was final I've been back approximate 10 times, all his doing - for stupid crap. If I don't abide by court orders my butt gets drug in to court - even for something minor like i didn't supply a copy of the most recent report card.   So I have to follow it to the T.  He, on the other hand, could get away with murder (and if I end up dead - please double check his alibi ) and the courts do nothing when he's in contempt other than give him "another" chance.  Please!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_vent-session-way-off-topic-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:00c22941-90cd-48ed-b6f7-b3bbabbf6c17Post:4e06b2ea-c941-44d8-94c9-5568a5c946b6">Vent session - way off topic & long *Update*</a>:
    [QUOTE]. *Update* well, well, well - come to find out JA doesn't have his own kid covered with insurance script coverage - violation of court orders.  No wonder he wanted me to get the scripts.    That's ok - I let JA know  step DAD paid the meds and looking forward to court.  KARMA!
    Posted by IslandBeachBride[/QUOTE]

Ugh!  I SO wish you didn't have to deal with this.  My exH has a similar streak which comes out every once in a while.  When something hinky like this happens, I tell myself the following: "This is reason #860 (I pick any random number) I know I did the right thing getting the divorce."

I hope your son is feeling better soon!
  • Options
    I'm sooooo happy to be out of that relationship - funny how one sees the truth after being out of the relationship.  I think, OMG, I did this for 23yrs - 19 married?  Where was my head at?????  And Thank GOD I've found the most wonderful, caring man.  ExH was materialistic - and boy does is show!  So glad i'm out!
  • Options
    Man--I am so sorry to hear all of this.  I can not even imagine what this would be like.  It would send me over the edge.  I will admit that I am with Merrin and I would want to just handle it and not involve him in any way, but I also see your point in that he drags you to court for every little thing...Not that what I went to could even compare to this (and thank God I had the good since to get out of the relationship before marriage) but I dated a guy who was very similar in his controlling nature.  Funny...he is none as JackA*^ too!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    yes, dot - and everyone else...this is the stalker.  oh how lucky could i have gotten.  i sure picked a winner in that guy, huh? 

As for our married life - it was relatively decent other then him being a constant cheat for 20 yrs.  He didn't become evil & vindictive till he hooked up with his live in g/f.   Let's put it this way - we used her divorced attorney - of course i found out After.    so, so Sooooo glad i'm not longer married to that JA!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards