40-Plus Brides

Bridal party .... Or lack thereof.

I'm getting married next month (Monday, 9/24). Groom has a best man and a groomswoman. I wanted my two brothers to stand up with me as bridesmen, but one brother can't come to the wedding. I'm not who to have stand with me. It's a small wedding (we expect about 35 people), outside on a lake, we've both been married before. I know that I don't have to have anyone stand up with me but I sort of feel like I should. My two sisters will be there and my other brother. I feel like all three would be too many siblings if I nclude all three. I don't want to exclude anyone. I almost want to have everyone stand up with me. :-)

Sigh ... What to do, what to do .......
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal party .... Or lack thereof.

• Sides don't have to be even, so go for it if you really want them standing with you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_bridal-party-or-lack-thereof?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:0beff827-a539-4b40-bdfe-ddb213d645faPost:ab4b163e-df94-4d34-8dbc-395e881d9aa5">Re: Bridal party .... Or lack thereof.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sides don't have to be even, so go for it if you really want them standing with you.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Yup ... what Marrin said.
  • I vote for all three on your side.
  • Sides don't have to be even. My wedding (last month) was 4 and 4, but my mom is getting married in 6 weeks and it's me as MOH and then on the groom's side the best man, my brother, and my husband. Do what's comfortable and right for you and forget what everyone else thinks or says. Congratulations!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sides do not have to be even! I lost two brides maids cuz they were CRAZY...giggie. no worries it's your day do whatever your heart desires!!! 

Have fun :) 

• One of the things I like about being 46 is that I can do more of the things I like without worrying what people will think! It's a day to celebrate and commit, have it how you want it without worrying about numbers. I'm standing with my 2 sons, my guy will have his daughter and 2 sons. It's not even but it feels right to us.
  • Your wedding is a happy occasion and how fortunate that most of your siblings can be there.
    Don't exclude any of your siblings.  All three should stand up with you.  It's perfectly OK to have all three included in your ceremony. We interviewed women all of whom married over the age of 35 for our book" LOVE FOR GROWN-UPS:The Garter Brides Guide to Marrying for Life When You've Already Got a Life". Their wedding parties included siblings, children, step-children, grandchildren. Include all your family members. It's a happy occasion that they will always remember.
    Congratulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards