Ohio-Northeast

Outdoor Ceremony/Reception location

We are having the toughest time selecting the perfect location for our wedding.  We'd like an outdoor event with beautiful backdrops.  We're even considering a formal tented reception.  I love the gardens - however, Cleveland Botanical Gardens seems too expensive and Stan Hywet Hall doesn't allow chairs during the ceremony.  So, we're back to looking again.  Any ideas for location??  I would greatly appreciate your input :)

Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Reception location

• l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    club hillbrook in chagrin!!! it's where we are having ours, and we are in looooove with it! more info in my bio :) it's so perfect!
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No idea how many guests you expect, but here are some to look into:

Hanna Garden (I believe also has a backup indoor location), Lake Erie Nature & Science Center (more of a natural, treed setting) in Bay Village, Mapleside in Brunswick can do tented receptions (otherwise their party room holds 150), Orchard Hills in Chesterland, Rockefeller Greenhouse (ceremony & pics only), Music Mound in the Cleve. Metroparks near Berea (all outdoor), The Lodge at Geneva.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Manakiki. I was pretty much looking for what you are looking for...outdoor ceremony with a nice indoor space for reception.

Manakiki is gorgeous. The ceremony space is located outside in a maple grove and is beautiful. I fell in love with it right away. The reception space is also very nice and Sammy's, the catering company has been great. Link to more info:http://www.sammys.com/manakiki.shtml

The pictures on Sammy's website are old, but check out pics of this wedding to get an idea of how beautiful Manakiki is! http://www.coreyann.net/blog/?p=150

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • derrilynderrilyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking for something similar, for about 150-200 people, except I want an indoor reception, and I need it to be somewhat close to a hotel since my fiance's from PA and therefore close to half the guests will be from OOT.  A few of the places on my list to look at are Lake Forest Country Club in Hudson, Holden Arboretum, and Cleveland Cultural Gardens.  Hilton Garden Inn in Twinsburg is also really nice, but it's a little out of my price range at about $65/pp.
  • sarahb0485sarahb0485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at Manakiki. We loved the outdoor space for the ceremony and the ballroom for the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards