Ohio-Northeast
Options

Reception Halls In/near Canton

We are getting married next December, but need to book our reception hall ASAP.  I've looked into a few...most way too expensive.  I want elegant, but affordable.  Any suggestions.  Also, please le tme know of any that I should stay away from.

Thanks

Re: Reception Halls In/near Canton

• Options
    edited December 2011

we looked at occasions. my brother had his reception there. the garden room holds up to 325 ppl but has a 12k min on sat nights. depending on your budget and guest count, you could check out their smaller room or book on a friday night. still too expensive for us. we ended up booking at guys party center in akron. about 10 miles from canton,their fri night package cant be beat. $31.50/person, includes everything (food, alcohol, centerpieces, tax, gratuity, linens) and still very elegant. hope that helps! 

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~ When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    BlaireJered14BlaireJered14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your input.  Actually, I am hoping to go tour Guys Party Centre on Friday.  I found their prices on line.  I'm just hoping that it's not too much different as we are having a Saturday wedding In December which isn't included in their winter package.

Thanks again!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you're welcome! a december wedding will be beautiful! im jealous-that was my first pick but it didnt work out with family  :).  also check out the Metropolitan Centre. lots of good reviews from other girls on here.  i hear that the wedding coordinator over there is great and can work with you on your budget. good luck!
    "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~ When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a budget bride and I am goint to Metropolitan Centre in Canton! It is perfect. Very elegant. Very cheap. I refused to go to the typical wedding reception halls because I feel as though that each wedding all looked the same. They have the same layout at each wedding, with some of the same decorations. The food is the same, the alcohol is the same, the linens are the same. I wanted my wedding to be unique but cheap. I went to Metropolitan Centre and am saving LOTS of money but still having a very unique wedding.
    200 invited to the special day image
    148 attending the special day image
    32 not attending the special dayimage
    20 still awaiting response image
    RSVP Deadline: December 10, 2010
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Shady Hollow Country Club in Massillon/Jackson. It's incredibly affordable. And I could not be happier with their event planner there. She's been wonderful in helping us plan the reception! Good luck :)
  • Options
    shannamarietshannamariet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto on everything newyearnewfamily said! that's why we chose the metropolitan too
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    GUys Party center.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rosemount country club in fairlawn.
  • Options
    cometgrl97cometgrl97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Quarry Golf Club...has different package deals and off season deals...brand new golf course....our wedding is in May...
  • Options
    JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Willowdale Lake Country Club in Jackson and LOVED it.  It was a great space, price included absolutely everything - there were no hidden fees - and it was so affordable!  They only hold up to 200 though, but if that fits your guest list I'd definitely recommend them.
    Lolli's Banquet Center in Belden Village is one of the most affordable places around and they have really good food.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are having our reception @ spring valley golf course in canton south....soooo afforadable its a huge space with a recessed dance floor and a huge bar...all that are really important to me..my sister had her reception there also lots of bang for your buck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards