40-Plus Brides

Hi everybody

Hi! I'm 58 years old, and am getting married in August 2012 for the first time. For the wedding, we are having the whole white wedding shebang with about 75 guests. I have my dress, love it, it's lacy with a short train. I have my shoes, which are not only cute, they're comfortable as well.  We've registered, and my shower is next month. One of the reasons I'm posting is that I have 2 voices in my head, one tells me that this is all good and I should just relax and enjoy it all. The other voice questions whether I'm too old for all of this. I'd like to get some feedback so hopefully I can relax and enjoy this and get rid of that second voice for good! Thanks!

Re: Hi everybody

• Hi there! I think it is fabulous that you are having a beautiful white wedding. You are NOT too old; brides don't have to all be 20 years old! Tell that negative voice to go away. :) Also, congratulations and best wishes to you!
  • I was 46 and my H 44 when we got married Sept 2011.  It was the first marriage for both of us and we went all out too!

No one side-eyed us for it, they were all just as excited as we were!
    Anniversary
  • enjoy it.  im going be 43 on the 31st and FI is 30 first wedding for both. 

• I'm a 43 year old first time bride.  I had some of the same concerns - but the funny thing is - I seemed to be the only one.  Everyone around us  just assumed we would have a big wedding, white dress, showers, limos etc. etc.  I finally just went with the flow - and we're having a great time with our planning!  The way I look at it - a wedding is a wedding is a wedding.  What difference could it possibly make how old you are?  It's still just as special...if not more-so, since we waited so long! 
  • Ignore the little voice!!!  I'm 41 and getting married for the first time (FI's second) and we are going all out.  We have about 190 guests and I am counting the days til our big day (25 to be exact!  LOL) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Too old for what??  I'm not sure what those voices are telling you, but you need to scream, "Back off! I'm getting married, so shut up!"

Enjoy your wedding!
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    The "wedding police" are not as ubiquitous as people seem to think.  Do what you and your FI want, and don't worry about the rest of the world!  And welcome!
  • I'm 42 and getting married for the first time as well.  My family pretty much expected me to have a whoe "shebang" and we are. 

Enjoy this time - I am!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You only live once. Ignore the voice in your head and enjoy yourself. 
  • Congratulations on your wedding, You can marry anytime you wish & you shouldn't feel any pressure at all about this. I'm sure your life has been rich & filled with diversity. So many young girls marry in haste & then regret it. By marrying later in life I'm sure your well aware of what your doing & can appreciate it more
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Thanks everybody, and FreeSpirit666, you're absolutely right and I appreciate it.

I just went cake tasting and ordered my cake last week. What fun! We got to taste all the cake flavors, along with bowls of fillings to mix and match, oh sooooooooo yummy. Our cake will be 4 tiers; bottom is chocolate with raspberry filling, next up is red velvet with lemon and buttercream, next up is white with apricot filling , top is marble (chocolate/vanilla) with raspberry. Visually, it will be ivory, 4 tier, with royal blue ribbon around the bottom of each tier. There will be decorations of swirls, dots, and scrolls, done in ivory  fondant, on each tier, and I will have fresh flowers on it too, along with my cake topper, a Schwarofsky crystal script initial. I didn't think I would get this excited by the cake, but I absolutely love it!

• The all important shoes, they are Franco Sarto "Suzy" in Platinum.
  • I'm 42 and my FI is 45.  It's a first marriage for both of us and we're gonna enjoy it all, just on a smaller scale.  We're having 30 guests but I'm wearing a traditional white dress and we're having all the trimings.  I say, ENJOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards