40-Plus Brides
Options

Dress to much?

do you think this dress is to much for a  over 40 bride?  I will have it made with no train though.

Re: Dress to much?

• Options
    Its very nice. I would like it better without the train. Have you tried it on?
  • Options
    I don't think there is any such thing as a dress that is too much for an over 40 bride.  Find what you feel beautiful in.

I think the dress is very pretty and I kind of like the train.  I think it would look really nice with a French bustle if you are having dancing at your reception.  But, it would look just as lovely without the train.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not at all. I am 45 and I am wearing a traditional wedding dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Too much?  I guess I'm not getting what would/could be too much for one age vs. another ... floor length? color? design? fullness of the skirt?

It it's not too much for a younger bride, it's not too much for a bride over age 40.

• Options
    NMINMI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
    57 Aye!Will be in port! image
    16 Nay,be out to sea. image
    13 Are floundering! image
  • Options
    Couldn't agree with the general sentiment more! There's no such thing as too much. I'm in my mid-late 40s, getting married for the second time, with only two couples attending and have gone with the traditional gown with a train. Wear what makes you feel good.
  • Options
    I love it especially if you have the same build as the model.

• Options
    very pretty :)  I just got one this past weekend and it has the same length train and I'm 45... and I'm soooo gonna rock it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I think it is beautiful.  I will be 57 when I marry next year and my dress had a chapel train.  I have had one friend look at photos and say "Oh my."  Well it is not what others think.  It is how you feel and if you feel beautiful.....then go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Its beautiful. If you love it, go for it. That's what matters.
  • Options
    Hi I am over 40 too - was thinking of styles etc. and have had supportive friends say go for it, you deserve to wear what YOU want and what YOU think looks beautiful. But the reality is, I think the style of your dress is perfect and not the big pouf associated with a bride in her 20s.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards