40-Plus Brides

Long hair and wedding hair

I have mid-calf length hair.  My man LOVES it down.

I should also mention that I am an older bride (50 when the wedding is planned), and while this is my third marriage, it will be my first "wedding".

Lots of discussion on 'to veil or not to veil" too, though that is less important to me than a way to wear the hair down (to please him) and still have it 'done' for me.

ideas?

Re: Long hair and wedding hair

• 1/2 up and 1/2 down seems popular
  • mid-calf??  Wow!

Anyhoo ... I don't seem to understand, from your post, how YOU like your hair.  Find out what that is and go for it.  Good luck!
  • edited March 2012
    I've been encouraged by friends and my make up artist to wear my hair as I normally would--down--with perhaps an adornment.  I have shoulder length hair and was thinking of wearing it up.  Now I'm not so sure.  REason:  the pictures should look like me--not me for a day.  Thoughts anyone?
  • NMINMI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
    57 Aye!Will be in port! image
    16 Nay,be out to sea. image
    13 Are floundering! image
  • I have been trying to decide the same thing.  I want to look like me but maybe a lttile more dressed up.  Half up do seems to make sense.  I am going to do a trial with the hair stylist to decide.
  • Mine is mid butt and I am doing a half up and half down. I agree with Lisa50 how do you like it. The only problem I can think of having a full up do is maybe the headeache from all the hair and hair pins. I am having a hair comb in the front no veil just a hair comb that has crystal designs on the front so it looks almost like a tiara type but without it having to go all through my hair.
  • Actually if the truth is known I don't have a preference.  I wear it up most days (job requirements) but when we go out I take it loose.  Leaning toward loose with a pair of crystal combs which will give a "half up" look.  BUT... if I wear it down that alleviates the "what to do with the back of the dress (I am designing and making my own dress).  The dress is another whole issue .........
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards