40-Plus Brides

I'm 60!

I am 60 and getting married for the second time! Anyone else out there? Just starting to plan.....

Re: I'm 60!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Welcome to the boards!  Congratulations on your engagement.  I married, for the second time, on July 3rd, so my planning days are behind me, thank goodness!  I'm sure you will find some good planning buddies here, on the Second Weddings board and, if you can stand it (sometimes the "youthful exuberance" gets a bit silly), your wedding month board.

When you find your shoes ... post them here.  Because, as I truly believe, it is all about the shoes!  :)

• And cake, post about cake too please. 
  • Congratulations! Too bad you are onthe other side of the country. I would ADORE shooting your wedding photos. Make sure you choose someone who feels the same:) It would be an honor:) Enjoy!
  • Congratulations! Too bad you are onthe other side of the country. I would ADORE shooting your wedding photos. Make sure you choose someone who feels the same:) It would be an honor:) Enjoy!
  • Welcome and Congrats: Just remember to have fun and don't stress the small things. Again Congrats!!
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I was "only" 56 when I married for the second time, but I can relate.  Welcome!
  • Gotcha beat - I'm 64 but will be 65 later this month.
    Don't know how that happened!
    He proposed April 8th and our wedding is June 30th.  I, too, am stressed.
    We knocked out the big items by the first week in May but so many details!!! 
    I thought having fewer guests would make it simpler - but it's just smaller - there are still flowers, music, photos, dresses, etc.
    However, it isn't a royal coronation so relax and enjoy!!!
  • Ginger2012Ginger2012 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I think it's great you're getting married at 60! Age is JUST a number people :)
    I'm 49 and turning big 50 in January. I think life gets sweeter during this age! 

Congrats! Can I just say, Trifury - your pic is gorgeous! I'm new here, been longtime lurker (reader) but just joined today to actually post. I LOVE this 40 plus forum. My step-sister is 48 (and very pretty) but fears she won't find love again. She won't do match.com or any of that! I told her she has to get out and socialize more. There's great men out there after 40. Sorry but I digress. Got off topic.

Don't sweat the small stuff I say to the person who started this thread. And again, big congrats to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards