40-Plus Brides
Options

The person below me.....

Had a magical Christmas and wants to share her story with us.

Re: The person below me.....

• Options
    well I was the person below you and it was a magical Christmas.  Only because it was a great time of reflection.  My father passed away Oct 25th and I really missed him.  Cried my heart out.  It was just my fiance and teens.  We spent the day watching  TV then drove to Big Spring to see Christmas lights.  We came home and ate brisket etc..  A nice quiet day!!  Yes, it was sad celebrating the first Christmas with being at my parents house for Christmas eve, but I surivived it and my sweetie was there to hold me while I sobbed.  The teens and I cracked jokes (our way to deal with grief) It was nice just being lazy and not having the day fillled with stress and running around.  Oh and I live in West Tx and we had a White Christmas...my first ever!!!!!  So...do I pass this on to some one else?? Not sure how to play along
  • Options
    I had a magical Christmas because I was so worried about my SIL being a biitch and acting like our home was still her house and God answered my prayers and she and her family were late! As in they showed right when dinner was starting, so there was no time for her to do this! I know this seems soooo tacky, but if you only knew....it was a Christmas miricle ;-)

Oh and H got me perfect gifts! Diamond stuf earrings and new snow boots!

I'm a lucky lady!

The person below me is looking forward to 2012...
  • Options
    That's me!

I have a few goals in 2012.  I met most of my goals that I had set for myself in 2011, and this year I want to finish a couple of projects I've started, and cut out some extraneous stuff that is giving me undue stress.  I want to completely furnish our new home, in cash, so that there are no bills to pay off while I'm enjoying my new bed and couch. 

The person below me already has plans for Valentine's Day. . .
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    cshulercshuler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's me!!

Spending time on Christmas with my fiance was a blast,. I got jewelry. I cooked the entire meal for my family and he really enjoyed it.  I am planning on having a wonderful 2012. Being a 2012 bride will be very exciting. I am secretly planning to surprise my fiance, we live in different cities, for  St. Valentine's Day. A beautiful dinner and a lovely night.

The person below me is fooking forward to St. Patrick's Day,,,,,,,,
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's me ... but I hope it is OK if I jump in with out a proper introduction on this board.

I'm Elizabeth and my FI is James and our wedding date is four months from today (4/29/12).

Our wedding will be held on a charter yacht in CA with the captain as officant. (I realize that the "wedding boats" are a bit cheesy to those that live there, but our midwestern family and friends like the idea nonetheless). We are plannig a late morning wedding and brunch reception with lots of champagne. Cake is TBD - we will have a tasting while in CA in a couple of weeks and decide. I'm thinking double lemon (lemon cake with lemon filling) and chocolate with raspberry filling. Or maybe amaretto...

Again, hope you don't mind me dropping in!

The person below me has some great advice for those planning 2012 weddings.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I want to play...

I am getting married in 3 weeks and 1 day.  Oh my goodness where did the last 4 months go?  I get to go and look at my bridal portraits tomorrow--super excited to see how those turned out.  Had some fun with them.

My fur baby story is also about my FI...we had to put my oldest baby down last year at 12 1/2 with lymphoma.  My other basset was a mess without her big sister, and FI thought she should have a friend.  I found Miss Lucy (Bella was her original name) and gave her to FI for Christmas.  I have never seen a grown man so in love with an animal.  It is the first time he has ever had a puppy and I swear some days I think he will rub the fur right off of her.  Her big sister lost her eyes to glaucoma the same weekend that we got her, but Miss Lucy helps Miss Gladys get around and still tries to keep her young by relentlessly trying to get her to play.

The person below me has a great New Years Eve planned.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll jump on the great New Year's Eve. DH and I are having our annual NYE party, the 7th in a row (we've done it every year since we've been together except our first year).

Expecting about 30-50 people. We typically start around 9 and literally go till about 5 in the morning. Not everyone stays that late of course :-)  There's often a group that leaves shortly after midnight and another that leaves between 2 and 3.

And usually about a dozen people end up spending the night, some pre-planned, others last-minute decisions.

One our friends brings a breakfast casserole and wakes up early to get it in the oven. We make coffee and bloody marys and have a leisurely afternoon having breakfast and a roaring fire and general silliness with our friends who stayed and a few who come back for breakfast the next morning.

It's one of my favorite nights/days...and the only problem this year is that I'm sick! Hoping to feel better by tomorrow, but poor DH has been doing double-duty getting everything ready. We usually shop and clean together and he's done all the shopping. I'm hoping to do at least part of the cleaning tonight, while he does the rest, but he'll do it all if I can't do some of it.

OOPs, almost forgot: The person below me once had a super-special New Year's Eve...
  • Options
    Well, its not a mishap, but it is a very special NYE story.  When we were 15 years old, I introduced my very best friend in the whole world to my favorite cousin.  They hit it off and began dating.  They got married 24 years ago, and she remains my very best friend.  I know he's in big trouble when she calls me to say, "Do you know what YOUR COUSIN did?"  He's only my cousin when she's ticked off at him. 

She's battling lung cancer right now, and if you have any extra T & P, send it her way, since she had good luck on this night 35 years ago! 

The person below me once made a New Year's resolution that changed their life. 
  • Options
    Right1 - best wishes to your friend.  I have intimate knowledge of lung CA and I wish your friend the best.

I'm going to resolute that I will change my attitude in 2012.

Since this did not answer, I'll repost:

The person below me once made a New Year's resolution that changed their life. 
  • Options
    ACK - didn't mean to debbie downer the post!   Anyone ever make a resolution that changed your life????
  • Options
    Hello! I am new also.  Looking forward to chatting with everybody. I'm 45, my finance 46. Our wedding is 6-2-2012. Wasnt sure I wanted to do the whole wedding scence, but now that I'm planning it, have been super excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ha Ha! Have just about got rid of the hangover now (but had to celebrate meeting my fiance on NYE four years ago) and started my 2012 wedding planning by being organised - have just found my ideal jewellery on this fab site http://vintagebridaljewellery.co.uk and have finally decided on my colour scheme.

The person below me is going to tell me where they got their fabulous bridal accessories..............
  • Options
    Ok, that's me. (again).  I got my "barefoot sandals" that I wore to my beach wedding at ladybead.com, they were a wedding present from DH. They were sterling silver beads that wrap around your big toe, lay on the top of your feet, and then wrap around the ankle.  Similar ones are pictured here:  (sorry, I'm lame and don't know how to make a clicky).  http://www.ladybead.com/contents/en-us/d17_barefoot_signature_sandals_jewelry.html

My arm band, seen in my photo below was a custom job with a large moonstone because I couldn't find anything that fit my biceps.  And my earrings were moon stones chandelier earings. 

It was all about the jewelry; which was way more expensive than the dress.  :-)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Dang, and I totally forgot to do this:

The person below me has an awesome story to tell about a future, current, or past in-law. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards