40-Plus Brides

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody....

....I think that's how the lyrics go. 

H has had enough of play-off excitement and is sound asleep already :(

I'm wearing my new jammies and lumberjackish slippers that are incredibly warm.  The slippers remind me of something Ernest Borgnine would wear in The Vikings...... "Ragnar!"

BF and I went to World Market today.  You guys have one near you?  Doc gave me a $100 GC for Christmas.  I was not real impressed with the website, but once I got into the store, I found a few things.  We needed new cushions for our kitchen chairs so I was able to splurge on some along with a new centerpiece for the kitchen table.  My BF has such a good eye.....if left to me, the inside of our house would look like the inside of an appliance box.  I just have no taste when it comes to home decorating.

What's everyone else up to this weekend?

Re: Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody....

• I am now officially insane.  My bicycling since Wednesday:

21.60 miles - Wednesday
    18.70 miles - Thursday
    17.25 miles - Friday
    12.18 miles - Saturday

And I've got another 22 mile bike ride scheduled tomorrow!
  • I spent Saturday in the glory of puttering around all day... a little laundry, a little tv watching, internet surfing, reading. It was wonderful!

I'm hoping DH will go with me tomorrow to a local furniture store. I'm determined to get a new bedroom set and our bedroom painted by the spring. That doesn't sound like such a big deal, but I've been looking for a bedroom set for EIGHT years. (Though we've only lived in this house for 3 years so it's not quite as bad as it sounds.)

I found one that I liked that he didn't especially like. I'm now hoping that if we look around and don't find anything else, he'll go for the one I love...
  • I probably overdid it yesterday morning/early afternoon, so I spent the evening doing my best imitation of a slug, watching football.  My #2 team, the Saints, came through in fine fashion after giving me fits during the first quarter of the game.

Today, I need to get a few things done at my parents house (not sure if that will happen) and should seriously consider pulling the ornaments off the tree.  I can get that done while watching football (go Falcons, go Steelers).

Then, I need to get ready for a whirlwind week at work with TONS to do in the office through Thursday, then off to NYC Friday morning for work through the following Wednesday (Jan 13 - 18). Whew!  One day (Jan 19, my bday) back for a half day at the office and errands then off to Aruba for the honeymoon on Jan 20.  Ahhh ....

OK, that's more than just this weekend but all of that is dancing in my head right now, making me feel I have no chance of getting everything done ... and its not even 9:00 a.m.  Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards