40-Plus Brides

Son rant - need advice - and even more bs...lol

So, I have a son away from home (stationed in VA). Anyway, he's a daddy's boy through & though.  He's coming home end of July for his 21 & his dad's birthday.  Any time his dad (my exH) thinks I've done something wrong my son sends me a text "I want no communication with you unless there's an emergency with my brother)

Now this isn't the 1st time he's pulled this crap and frankly I'm down right tired of it.  I had every intention of paying for the creep's (yes, I called my kid a creep because he is at the moment) round trip flight home for the reception.  Well, I'm not flying him home, I don't even know if I should send him an announcment.  He doesn't know we're eloping. 

I'm heartbroken that my child treats me this way and listens to everything his dad says.  He shows me no respect as a human being, let alone his mom.  I didn't even know he was coming home for his bday - I found out via his friend on FB and this is while we were on decent terms.

With the wedding getting closer, I'm stressing.  Should I try to involve him in my life when he doesn't want to be in it?  The last time I got the "no communication" thing - we didn't speak for almost 6 months and it wasn't my choosing, it was all his doing.

He has been very distant since my divorce in 08 - we rarely speak - his dad has him in fear of my FI for every reason under the sun.  Funny thing is my FI has done nothing but help this kid out.  History:  when my son wanted to come home for the holidays after boot camp he was short on funds.  He asked his dad & dad told him "your an adult - I'm not helping you - sink or swim"  Well, here comes Mr. Good Guy FI who purchased his round trip ticket home.  Oh and he spent 1 day with us out of a 10 day leave.  The rest of his stay was with his dad, g/f & dads side of the family. Nice, huh?

Do I walk away from my own child - give him tough love?  Do I send him an announcement invite - he wants no contact - do I give him what he wants?
I'm sure this is partly the reason I'm feeling invisible these days....
Just a note - he's not on my FB page.  One of his buddies sent me a message wanting to know if we - kid & I had plans for the 21st bday. HA.  I'm not even a thought.
Created by Wedding Favors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards