40-Plus Brides
Options

NWR: Zombie apocalypse

So today I needed to write a blog post on a new feature at the CDC. All day long the CDC site is bogging down. Can't get the damn link to load.

Well, I have just discovered that it was because of the zombie apocalypse. Who knew my day would be screwed by zombies???

Anyway--if you want information on emergency preparations for the zombie apocalypse* you can check out this working link at the CDC.

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Don't say I never gave you anything...I saved you from zombies....

*I have no idea if this will also be a component of the rapture on Saturday.
Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

Re: NWR: Zombie apocalypse

• Options
    Feel free to bring it over there if you want--I'm not up on the board culture. But everyone should be safe from the zombies.

imageimageimage

• Options
    @Lucy--that's so right on starting Sunday! Ok--I'll commit to Sunday...assuming....

imageimageimage

• Options
    Actually, it's zombie awareness month.  How do I know this?  I'm married to a zombie fiend, so I had the privilege of seeing the CDC posting two days ago.  And, I was able to post about zombie awareness month on my FB page last week.  Yeah, scary.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Hmm, my choice isn't on here.  I'm planning on grabbing a suddenly vacated mansion and late-model car on Sunday, after the rapture sucks up their owners.
  • Options
    I've had a Zombie plan in place for quite sometime now.

Rule 1. Cardio - they can't eat your brains if you can out run at LEAST one other person.  (I've also determined I'm not above tripping someone...)
    Rule 2 Double tap - don't be stingy with the bullets.

My daughters and I have inside jokes about all things apocolypse-ish.  When the movie 2012 came out - and all the talk about Dec 12, 2012 is the last day, we actually theorized the reason for the end of the world is not because the calendar or the sun and planets align - but because the Canadian Geese are plotting our destruction and downfall.  Those crazy birds are EVERYWHERE here - they gather in the fields like they are at a convention. 

And then in response to the Bin Laden burial at sea - I was trying to educate them on why that was an important aspect, my oldest says "so he can't come back as a Zombie!" 

How can I compete with that?
  • Options
    Oh and I voted Cake - because my daughter turned 15 on Monday and we are having a party for her on saturday. 

I'll be eating a cupcake when the Rapture happens... seems about right.
  • Options
    I hope you all are aware that when the zombies attack you need to run in a zig zag pattern.  The zombies will not be able to follow you.  (More info courtesy of my zombie lovin husband.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_nwr-zombie-apocalypse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:bf571b79-90d5-4667-850c-94aa9ae86e04Post:a332f1a9-955a-456c-a031-e0019b66ec64">Re: NWR: Zombie apocalypse</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've had a Zombie plan in place for quite sometime now. Rule 1. Cardio - they can't eat your brains if you can out run at LEAST one other person.  (I've also determined I'm not above tripping someone...) Rule 2 Double tap - don't be stingy with the bullets</strong>. My daughters and I have inside jokes about all things apocolypse-ish.  When the movie 2012 came out - and all the talk about Dec 12, 2012 is the last day, we actually theorized the reason for the end of the world is not because the calendar or the sun and planets align - but because the Canadian Geese are plotting our destruction and downfall.  Those crazy birds are EVERYWHERE here - they gather in the fields like they are at a convention.  And then in response to the Bin Laden burial at sea - I was trying to educate them on why that was an important aspect, my oldest says "so he can't come back as a Zombie!"  How can I compete with that?
    Posted by shytownkelly[/QUOTE]

Totally LOL'd!!!  Love that movie!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, I thought it was great. I've been a volunteer for emergency preparedness--and it's very very very hard to get people's attention. And at the start of hurricane season, in the middle of tornado season, I think more eyeballs and a few more people thinking about this has to be a good thing.

When public health works, nobody knows and nobody appreciates it.

Ironically, one of the biggest hazards to public health right now has got to be crazy health and conspiracy crap on the internet--that's what we are competing with. It's much more appealing than a dry government document.

imageimageimage

• Options
    My current theory on CT is that people are feeling out of control. They used to be able to push that back onto [deity of choice], but that's not working for a lot of people any more (Rapturians are a whole other thing...). And CT makes them feel like they've figured something out, or they can decline the vaccines, or treat themselves with some herbal concoction....

I think it's a symptom of the times.

The birther thing is related to this. I read a review of that new birther book the other day, and they were saying that with the internet it's so easy to stay in your bubble and get reinforcing emails every day from your favorite cranks that it's really hard to crack into a mindset.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards