40-Plus Brides
Options

Screw it! I'm taking Friday off from work.

I just need a break. Can anyone else relate?

Especially with blending our two households this past month and moving, I think I've earned some R&R!

Last night we had my oldest daughter (15) being a TOTAL B@t*h to everyone for no reason; my youngest daughter (13) who is the poster child for ADHD, so wound up I'm surprised she wasn't flying and my new step-son (9) trying to tell everyone (including his Dad) what to do and how to do it.

So what did DH and I do? We sat outside on our patio and ignored all three of them and talked and had a couple drinks!

Today we seem to have gotten them back on track:

Informed the 15 year old on the way into school (she's part of a work/study program at her school during the month of June) that if she wanted to participate in her weekend as planned she had better change her attitude 180 degrees to the right direction - amazing when a 15 year's social life is in jeopardy how quickly they see things your way...

Gave the 13 year old her ADHD meds this morning (we normally don't give them during the summer - she's tiny and the meds surpress her appetite) She went golf camp and had a great day and hit a ball over 150 yards. Golf scholorship?

The 9 year old and DH had a "come to jesus" conversation and he told him if he didn't stop bossing his new sister's around they will probably stomp his little butt. Seems to have worked. I think also the promise of going to the pool if he got it together helped...

So now that we've saved the world (at least temporarily) I thought I'd take an extra day off on Friday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards