Florida-North Florida

Alterations in Gainesville?

Does anybody have any recommendations for alterations for my wedding dress in Gainesville?  I have a dress with a pick up skirt that I just got in the mail today.  I'm looking for someonewho is helpful.  I'm stressed since I don't have any female friends to help me out here to actually get into the dress.  So a helpful seamstress would be great!

Re: Alterations in Gainesville?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cannot remember her name but if you call Jay's Bridal, they recommend an independent seamstress.  I've heard of a few brides on here using her a couple of years ago (there haven't been too many G-ville brides since).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I know that Lili's Alterations (4214 Northwest 16th Boulevard) in Thornebrook Plaza does wedding dress alterations. I have taken other alterations there and plan on using her for my wedding dress as well. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I will have to get the info but her name is MiYoung in Starke close to Gainsville but it's really not that bad of a drive, and I would suggest her HIGHLY over jays Jays seamstress is really not nice and costs WAY to much Miyoung is extremely cost efficient and did my sisters wedding dress alterations taking it up 2 sizes, heming it like 5 inches, and a few other things all for only 120$ Cheapest I have found and she is willing to do a french bustle on my Maggie sottero Geneva Dress for 35$ the EXTREMELY exspecive normally 400$ Bustle and she's good with people real nice and Good in a tight spot real fast I will get her info from my sister but lets just say she's AWESOME!!!!!!!
    A love like this doesn't happen but once in a lifetime and I'm so happy that it happened in mine. Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards