Florida-North Florida

Need Vendor Recommendations in DESTIN

Hi ladies,
I am getting married in Destin next Labor Day weekend and there are a few vendors I would really like to hire based on what other brides have to say . .

Make-Up Artist - I am looking for someone who makes me look natural - just with a glow and does enough so the camera doesnt wash me out (sometimes I see brides with the noticeably rosy cheeks and black eyeliner from the 80's . . I would FREAK OUT if that happened to me. . LOL)

Photographer: My first choice is a lady named Mari  . . I L-O-V-E her work!!! However, I just dont know if I can afford to squeeze her into my budget. I want someone who does a good job with the artistic type photos without all the cheesy jumping in the sand, pose with every single relative type pictures that you usually get with somebody who isnt experienced or just shouldnt be doing photography for a living.  .haha

Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Re: Need Vendor Recommendations in DESTIN

• CaelasmomCaelasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
      I don't know what your budget is for photography.  We are using Michelle Lee for my daughter's wedding next April.  You can check out her portfolio and blog if you google her and put in Fort Walton Beach after her name.  Good luck with your wedding planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked Eventective? I know they typically have a good listing. Also, photolinks.com has a good number of photogs listed in the area. Of course there is the good and the bad and you have to sift through them, but there are often diamonds in the rough. If you're looking to save some money on your photog, sometimes you can find someone who is willing to travel from a nearby city. I'm in Enterprise, AL and Destin is in my "market." If you want my info, just let me know (I would post it, but I don't want to sound all vendor-ee). I would recommend Craigslist, too (although more and more people with point and shoots are getting on there thinking they can handle weddings).

Good luck! :)
  • kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what exactly your budget is but check out this photog...she's great!

http://www.sarah-jordan-photography.com
  • elissa81elissa81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.twofishesartistry.com/  for makeup. 
    They did an awesome job and they travel to you for both the trial and the day of!!
    Money well spent!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards