Florida-North Florida

Buying my gown today...excited and nervous.

I'm going to buy my dress today and while I'm excite to be done shopping I'm also surprisingly nervous about it. The problem is that this store doesn't let you take pics. Whenever I'm there in person I love the dress...but we all know how we've said that sometimes a dress that we love in person we hate in photographs. I'm so afraid that I'll spend all of this money on the dress and then see a pic of me in it at my first fitting and I'll hate it. Did anyone have this problem? If you just ordered the dress and hoped for the best, how did it work out? It's so stupid. It said who the designer was on the tag. It took me about 2 minutes to find the dress on the website. I don't see the point in no pics! :( For anyone who is curious, It's a Blue by Enzoani gown. Style: Adana www.bluebyenzoani.com It's under the 08' collection
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Buying my gown today...excited and nervous.

• jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you love the dress then go for it. I bought the second dress I tried on and it was the first day I went shopping... and it was a year out from my wedding. So... I've had a lot of "what if I hate it in November" moments. Each time I pull it out of the closet I remember why that was the dress for me and I'm happy with my choice. One piece of advice I can give is stop shopping once you buy your dress. That seems to be the main reason girls wind up wanting another dress after they buy the first one.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jodi! I'm hoping if I feel beautiful in it then that will come across in the pics. And believe me...once I buy this gown I don't want to see another wedding gown for a very long time! ;) lol I'm so sick of shopping!
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have a great time!  I'm sure you'll love it.  And try to sneak a picture in the dressing room with your phone or something.
  • katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay so exciting!! It's a gorgeous dress and must look great on your figure!!
  • edited December 2011
    I hate shops who do this. I think you should snap a few pictures and make sure you like it in photographs.I don't mean to scare but that's what happened to me. I was this close /-----/ to purchasing another dress but my mom demanded I take pictures and then view them at home on my computer. it didn't look the greatest on me in pictures. :(  So I went shopping again and love the dress I got which is only a tiny bit different from the original dress I wanted.But your dress is gorgeous and w/ that style, I think you'll look great in it.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Find something you love and then quit looking! I agree, try to sneak a pic.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I bought it. I tried on a similar style and I did like the pics of that (it just wasn't as pretty) so I went for it. I was going to try and snap a pic w/my phone but I was by myself and the sample size was 2 sizes too big. It's only really flattering and makes me smile when the sales girls stand behind me and pull it tight on my waist and hips so you can see my curves. I knew I would hate it if that wasn't being done so I didn't bother w/the pic. I'll just cross my fingers and hope that I still love it in 4-6 months! lol
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards