Ohio-Northeast
Options

MAJOR Dress fitting issue

So I argued a long time ago w/ the salon about what size one of my bm needed.  They said no no trust us and now she can wear it on top of her clothes!  So...she took it in...they want to take 3 inches on each side, hem it, and press it for $140!!!! I think that's crazy!  That's almost as much as my wedding dress is costing me.  My other BM said they took 1 1/2 and it only cost her $30.  Who's getting the right price?  I think the BM in Ohio is getting screwed royally.  I'd really appreciate any insight you guys can give.  Thanks so much!!

Re: MAJOR Dress fitting issue

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell BM in Ohio NOT to use that salon for her alterations. She can bet better priced alts elsewhere. I'd highly recommend Denise at Julianne's Bridal Outlet in Olmsted Falls. It's a consignment shop, so they are not your standard salon. Denise will work on any dress. She did my wedding gown alts for cheap (like $65, IIRC), and when she altered a BM dress for me (my brother's wedding), it only cost me something like $45 to get sides taken in and hem done. Denise does very good work, too.

If she isn't near Olmsted Falls, there are still plenty of other seamstresses she can consult with. I'm sure any of them will be well below $140 for the alts she needs.

Just curious.... what salon is she trying to work with?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say find another seamstress as well! That is more than my wedding dress alterations I had done at Juliannes!   There are plenty of options out there!

My SIL used this lady for her wedding dress and she did a fantastic job and was very affordable as well!

Stella’s Dressmaking-Alterations for Ladies & MenStella Cwiakala
    8313 Southington Dr.Parma, OH 44129
    440-845-1132, call after 6:00 p.m.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with pps. Take it elsewhere. A family friend did my sister's for $20 earlier this year. Obviously, the woman does it on the side and doesn't have the overhead as a bridal shop. Just ask around, you'd be surprised who can do alterations. $130 is outrageous! That is almost as much as my BM dress in my friend's wedding. They tried to get me to order a size bigger, also. I told them absolutely NOT!!
  • Options
    kmbeyerkmbeyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She hasn't said where but I know she said it was a bridal salon.  I'll see if I can get it out of her....thanks for letting me know that she should go somewhere else.
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is bull. Tell them you messed up, you fix it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards