Ohio-Northeast
Options

Indoor wedding Venues Akron/Canton Ohio?

My fiance and I are planning a November 3rd Wedding. The problem is that he is a Catholic who is refusing to have a church wedding. He doesn't want the lengthy ceremony and he doesn't want me to have to conver religions.
     We're both football fanatics and were looking at Cleveland Browns stadium, but it's a little too pricy. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced indoor wedding venue in this area? Please help!

Re: Indoor wedding Venues Akron/Canton Ohio?

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I'm Catholic (not practicing) and DH is nonprac Methodist. We had our ceremony at a local United Methodist church of which neither of us are/were members. The ceremony was about 20 min long. No religious conversions needed. If that would be an option for you, check out the UM churches in your area. Many if not all are very open to marrying nonmembers. Unitarian Universalist churches also have the same viewpoint. Worth looking into! Sorry, I'm not super familiar with the area you're looking in, except to mention the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, but I can't imagine it would be inexpensive. Definitely cool though! Good luck!

If you and FI are looking to avoid churches at all costs, maybe consider a winery? Maize Valley Winery (Hartville?), Sarah's Vineyard Winery (Cuy. Falls) and Wolf Creek (Norton?) all handle events, IIRC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    atremagatremag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are looking at Greystone Hall in downtown Akron.  It was originally a social hall for the Freemasons, so it has very intricate details. The website is http://www.greystonehall.org. I've also seen pictures of weddings at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton.  It looks beautiful there, but I have no idea about the affordability.  I hope this helps!
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Canton: Glenmoore Country Clu, Cultural Center, Metropolitan Center
    Akron: Raintree Country Club, Tangier, St. Michaels Parish Center, Guys Party Center
    Before you book Greystone, make sure your vendors will work there. I don't have personal experience but over the years there have been posts on here that the hall is difficult to deal with and some vendors refuse to work there
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Glenmoor, and while it is completely amazing it is not for a budget wedding. There is also a new winery Gervasi Vineyard in Canton. You could also try Firestone Country Club, Stan Hywet Hall. Kent and Stak State have an events center you can also rent out. I have not been there but I have seen some cool pictures.
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards