Ohio-Northeast
Options

Youngstown Area Reception Sites / DJs

Hi all!  My fiance and I finally set our date this week, and booked our ceremony location, the pavilion at the Fellows Gardens.   Now we are looking for a reception site and a DJ for the reception.
We looked at The Regency House this week, and whereas it's nice, I'm not "in love" with it, especially after calculating the cost.  I understand that the reception is the most expensive part of the entire day, but I feel I should be able to cut costs somehow?  I am not afraid of making my own centerpieces, getting outside catering, etc., but I'm not exactly sure where to start.  I have an interest in checking out the Fifth Season, and have read favorable reviews of their catering on the forums, has anyone used their banquet facility?  Is there another location we should be looking into?

Also, I have no idea who to look into for DJing.  Any suggestions there would be appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Re: Youngstown Area Reception Sites / DJs

• Options
    lizwil10lizwil10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine suggested "The Marino Brothers" for a DJ.  She attended a wedding they did last weekend and said I "HAVE" to book them.  I looked at the webside marinobros.com but haven't called them yet for pricing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at the Lake Club in Poland! That's where my reception is - or you can book the Rossi Auditorium at Fellows Riverside Gardens and you can pick your caterer
  • Options
    PW2010aPW2010a member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lake Club has a $12000 minium for Saturday receptions. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is a Saturday reception.  We looked into the Rossi Audiotorium today, which is GORGEOUS, and unfortunately, it was booked for a reception for our date :( 
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Re: Marino Bros.. if you're looking for a pair of 'life of the party' showboat DJs, they're your guys. If you're looking for more of a low key but energetic vibe, you may want to consider some others. I attended a Marino Bros wedding a couple years ago and they did an ok job overall with the music that was played, but their crazy, flashy style didn't quite suit the couple. Frankly, I was surprised they chose such a company. IIRC, Marino is in the 'just over $1k' range.

Any of the northeast Ohio DJs will travel. Depending on your budget, some to check out include TKO, DJ Crew, Pro-Disc, Hats Off and Cipriano Productions. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ericalynn525ericalynn525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Something New Entertainment for our wedding. They are from Akron, OH and are traveling to Youngstown, OH. (Wedding is at Holiday Inn Boardman) We met with them and they seem great! They also have video testimonials on their website where they ask the bride and groom how they felt about the DJ's after the wedding is over. (They are still in their wedding clothes!) My friend's cousin used them at her wedding and my friend said it was a blast. So even though we haven't seen them in action, they are worth checking out!
    Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used DJ Joey K from Canfield. He was great and pretty reasonable too! Definitely recommend him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards