Florida-North Florida

I need a place to get married! :(

So, my fiance and I want to get married in March. We need an inexpensive yet pretty place to get hitched. We're paying for the wedding ourselves and have a very limited budget. We aren't looking to have a star-studded gala... just a pretty, romantic wedding for our family and close friends. However, I can't seem to find a place in the area (we're open to anywhere between St Augustine & Savannah) that doesn't cost a freakin' arm and a leg just to rent! Help, please!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I need a place to get married! :(

• brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to look into local parks. Some girls in Jax have gotten married at memorial park ($35 rental fee) then found a location for the reception close by. Friday Musicale is one that seems to be budget friendly. Can you give us more details of what you are looking for so we can help narrow it down? Have you seen the vendor review website?[url]<a href="http://sites.google.com/site/neflvendorreviews/" rel='nofollow'>http://sites.google.com/site/neflvendorreviews/</a>[/url]
  • JenCrabbe13JenCrabbe13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you thinking about having? I have been to lovely weddings at the Winterbourne and Friendship Park, $35. One of the weddings that was at the Winterbourne, they actually had the wedding there. The oldest house in St.Augustine is also pretty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, sorry I guess I could have added some details, lol. Probably 50-60 people, we'll hopefully cater it ourselves (family has offered to do it)Can't do the Friday Musicale... a close friend used it, would be weird!I love the San Marco Preservation Society, but I don't know where I would throw an inexpensive reception afterward?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the garden club in Riverside? I don't really know much about it...but it's next to where I'm getting married (The Cummer Museum) so I know it's on the river. I think some girls on here have mentioned it before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My FSIL had her wedding at the Garden Club.  I didn't know my FI yet so I didn't go but the pictures and video looked great.  The family loved the location.  I would definitely look into it.  Jackie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
  • Emily&ChadEmily&Chad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Garden Club isn't cheap.. I was going to get married there but it was about 3 grand.. then I found Friday Musicale.. so much cheaper.. but I understand about your friend getting married there.. good luck!
    ?TTC#1 since 04/11?CP 03/28/12?Me:Polycystic Ovaries&Endo??Him:MFI- Awaiting 2nd SA?
    ?Blog?
  • Emily&ChadEmily&Chad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    however, I just remembered they have a smaller secondary building they also rent out.. I'm sure it's cheaper.. may be a good fit?
    ?TTC#1 since 04/11?CP 03/28/12?Me:Polycystic Ovaries&Endo??Him:MFI- Awaiting 2nd SA?
    ?Blog?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards