Florida-North Florida
Options

Bridal Boot Camp

Hi Girls ! With my wedding being a year out, I want to start getting into shape for the big day. I have heard of gyms doing "bridal boot camps" and was wondering if any of you knew of some or something similar here in Jacksonville. I am located on the Southside... TIA !!

Re: Bridal Boot Camp

• Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lifestyle Family fitness (over at Atalntic and Hodges) is starting a bootcamp 6 wk training class. It's not bridal though. I'm just doing training sessions once a week and working out on my own for the rest of the week. When you join you get $150 gym credit to use for any of their training services. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OSheasOSheas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elite Fitness of Baymeadows & 9A has a fitness boot camp that is $99 for 6 wks/18 classes and I lost 13 inches the first 6 weeks. I enlisted in another 6 wks, which will bring me 1 wk from my wedding. It is not a bridal boot camp, but they do target your trouble areas you mention. Good luck!  HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OSheas-Does Elite Fitness make you buy an actual membership in order to do the boot camp?  Do you think it would be a good idea for people who are totally out of shape and have asthma (like me)? haha 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Osheas- That's awesome! Good for you. :) I can't wait to get started.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bailey's Powerhouse Gym also has a boot camp class.  They have a bunch of group fitness classes.  I believe they are running pretty good specials right now.  Their baymeadows location is awesome! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
  • Options
    OSheasOSheas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You do not have to join the gym via a membership.... you only pay for the classes you want. They also have inexpensive childcare so it is great for me w/ my son. As far as out of ahspe people, there are people of all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. They only push you as far as you will push yourself. Some days are harder than others but it really works, especially if you diet well too. HTH...
  • Options
    OSheasOSheas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **that was supposed to be "out of shape" people... oops
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! I may have to look into it. I don't exercise as much as I should so someone who will push me lol.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *I need
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you for all your responses, I am going to look into these options... congrats Osheas on your weight loss as well, that is great !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards