Florida-North Florida

New to board - looking for reception site in Fernandina

Hi, everyone!  My name's Athena and my FI is Alex.  We're planning on getting married October 23rd, 2010 and our date is set pretty firm due to restrictions for guests coming from another country.We live in Fernandina Beach and we're looking for a reception location... a relatively inexpensive location, if possible.  So far, all of my research has led me to websites for people doing destination weddings.  I've yet to find anything online posted by locals.  So far we've found that the Plantation (with sponsorship) is the cheapest and booked for our date.  Can any of you recommend good locations?  We'd like to stay as close to Amelia Island as possible as to not inconvenience our guests!Thanks!

Re: New to board - looking for reception site in Fernandina

• edited December 2011
    I can't remember who, but I know we had at least one girl get married at The Ribault Club.  The pictures looked beautiful!  I don't know what the cost is though.Welcome to the board!
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Abby (AG2009) got married at the Ribault Club. Once you pay the fees, insurance...and all of the other crud that you have to do I think it's close to 5k to rent it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There have been a couple of girls over the last few years that did the Ribault Club, and if it is in your budget, it's a gorgeous location.
  • edited December 2011
    If you know a caterer, or have friends who can do it for you, Dolphin Plaza at Hanna Park in Atlantic beach is nice. It's cheap...like $700 for 12 hours. Includes all the tables & chairs, climate controlled & has its own bathrooms & a caterers kitchen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards