Florida-North Florida

Recommend your DJ!

I'm looking for an inexpensive DJ for my wedding reception in March. I've checked Craigs List, but I'm nervous about hiring someone who's going to be a total cheeseball. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Recommend your DJ!

• edited December 2011
    I am using McGee entertainment. I think they are pretty reasonable. Carlton also did my sisters wedding and he was awesome. I know they have a bunch of different guys who do it in their company but I recommend carlton. good luck
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stephen Paul w/Beyond Sight and Sound. Another knottie used him and had good reviews. I'm paying $900 BUT that includes unlimited time for thr cocktail hour and reception. A mic for the ceremony, a mini set-up outside for cocktail hour, a full set-up inside and an violin and guitar player for the ceremony. It was by far the best deal I found. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you in Jax or Gainesville? If G-ville, I used Jay's Entertainment. Review in married bio.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dianadvargasdianadvargas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Omar, he is not only a DJ but an MC. He is an expert in directing parties, he is the owner, and he is very professional. His website is:http://islandpartydjs.com/He will play in my wedding!! and I got great recommendations from the Omni Hotel where I'm having my reception.Just have an appt. with him and you'll see what I'm talking about. I interviewed like 6 dj's and he was the best.good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WAshley10WAshley10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using A-1 Majestic Sound - Jay has been amazing so far. I am using him for 5 hrs and paying $525 and the deposit was only $50. He has also told me he will do our ceremony for an extra $65. He has been in constant communication with me since our inital contact.
  • edited December 2011
    McGee Entertainment.  Carlton kept everyone on the dancefloor at our wedding the entire night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My DJ was crazy! He was stading on the tables and drinking the entire night! He was fun at first but got very annoying!
  • ChelleLynn97ChelleLynn97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had McGee Entertainment. Milton was my DJ and he was awesome!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards